Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Hawk Down - Delta Sniper Loadout

Heya Folks,

After watching Black Hawk Down last night...which by coincidence is also my favourite film aha I really love the look of the Delta guys and more so the Delta Snipers so would like to base my choice around either Gary Gordon or Randy Shughart (see below).

I know that I would need to get myself a set of US Tri-Colour BDU's, Black Protec Helmet, Black PT Armour, Desert Boots and Black Framed Goggles (although these would be purely for show as I'd wear a set of clear shooting glasses whilst playing)....this is about as far as I got! :P

I would appreciate if you kind people in the know :D would help me out and piece together this load out...as I am an utter noob when it comes to identifying vests/rigs and the like

I have still yet to decide whether to go for an M733 or the M14...I understand that these are two very different guns to compare but if you could help me with that too I'd be grateful...yes I realise I am indecisive :D

Lastly I play at a Woodland site and I would like your view on what you think of this load out in this environment....yes I understand I am going to stand out like a sore thumb in the environment but anything else you wish to add please do so...I'm all for constructive criticism.

//Shaide
    sigpic
    [ VFC KAC PDW - TM MP5k - TM/G&P M14 DMR - G&P XM177e2 - G&P Autobot - KWA M4A1 ]
    * WANTED : TM M9A1 /w Mags *

Re: Black Hawk Down - Delta Sniper Loadout

on the sticking out liek a sore thumb, you could try and dull all the brightness of the desert camo. Could somehow make all the clothes really really grubby, and it might help you stick out less!

Comment

For webbing you need either LC-2 ALICE, Blackhawk .223 Chest rig (KA do a good copy) or a Blackhawk Vest (can't remember the exact one), its not a hard loadout to do as long as you do the research.

Here is a link to a guide to it (this is a deviant art link so doesn't go against any forum rules)
      http://zodtgr8.deviantart.com/art/quot-Black-Hawk-Down-quot-Loadouts-123506967

For weapons you need a 1911A1 pistol as I think all the delta's carried these in the film and for rifles you have 3 choices.

M733 (11" barrel, A2 upper)
      M727 (14.5" M4 barrel, A2 upper)
      M14 with Aimpoint (hard to get exactly right though as the optics mount was a custom job for the film)

All had desert camo paint jobs IIRC.
      Last edited by Abbadon101; 1 October, 2010, 19:35.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Shaide Started playing Airsoft in 2004...so that is when my unhealthy addiction for guns began. I started off with the almighty FAMAS and have gone through many weapons up until now where I own the G&P XM177e2 Midas Edition :P Find out more about Shaide
      Working...
      X