Mask Guy - Misfits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mask Guy - Misfits

Your best chance would be to post on a 'items wanted' listing on a paintball forum. I think they came out late 1980's/ early 1990's but I don't remember them being that common even then

Comment

One step ahead of you :-)
      sigpic

Comment

An idea to make the mesh harder to see through would be to paint the outside silver/light grey, but keep the inside painted black so you can still see out. You'd have to line the inside of the mesh with paper or similar when painting the outside to prevent the paint blowing through an on to the inside of the mesh (and onto whatever the mask is sat on). You'd also have to do the same whilst painting the inside to ensure the outside doesn't get covered. Alternatively, painting a pattern onto the mesh, such as a pair of eyes, would make it harder to see through.

Cool looking loadout though.

Stuff Wanted!

Comment

Well I think I'm screwed tbh - the mask in looking for is old - part of history.
          sigpic

Comment

well quick update, sent the letter off to E4 - lets hope they can indeed help
            sigpic

Comment

http://www.bargainboards.co.uk/produ...340&SubCat=156
              i know your looking for a full face mask but maybe you could buy just the replacement lense for snowboard goggles which you can get in charcoal/ silver coating....
              maybe this link can give you some ideas

Comment

Longleg- thank you for your help I'm currently focusing on the mask itself .

I am also exploring other possible ideas - thanks for help.

regards James
                sigpic

Comment

no worries mate, i just thought if u bought some charcoal snowboard lenses and maybe fitted them into a full face mask it would sort your visibility troubles out and save u puttin mesh in

Comment

With regards to the mask:

Apologies for all the comms via pm and on your wanted thread; didn't realise you had a thread up in here... So to business

Chances of you finding that mask are going to be pretty slim; if it's that specific look you're going for, then the lens unit with the lugs sticking out is pretty much identical to nearly all the JT systems... There's a couple of masks which are pretty close (Reaper off the top of my head, but one of the lads at work's got another type. I'll ask him what model it is).

Regards the mesh, could custom vinyl be an option? If you keep looking in the paintball lens fields theres a couple of companies that do custom designs: other option is of course either a mirrored lens or smoked, but guessing you've already thought of that having previously been a marshal...

Once you've got a mask that's generally the right shape, there's nothing to stop you having a crack with some fibre glass and creating that exact look; we've had to Di something similar fir a Terminator mask.
                    Last edited by donkonious; 3 January, 2011, 19:07. Reason: Pesky iPhone spelling errors!!!
                    Originally posted by andre the giant
                    ...most of us like a balance of shooting and drinking tea.

Comment

no need to apologise, im glad your taking an interest and trying to help.

i realise the mask is 20 years old and i am looking at alternatives
                      i wander how you know im an ex marshall , but there we go,

the reaper i think ill end up going for - lense wise, ive asked heroshark look into meshing it and then ill be getting a smoke tint lense, which i have left over from my old days which i know will fit.

horrifically i used to be the terminator as well as the game runner, back when i marshalled!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf View Post
                        I'm ex paintball marshal I think those are JT if not I'll ring up my old boss and ask.

Elementary my dear Watson, elementary

Comment

nice to see some people read the entire thread haha
                          sigpic

Comment

Try looking at the JT Revolution in black.

Have taken a pic that I'll upload when I get home...

Comment

tis close . may got for that or the raider
                              sigpic

Comment

quick update,

Been looking for a pair of shoes that the guy wears and so far cant find many pictures of him wearing some.

hoodie is sorted, Armour is going to be put on order as soon as i can afford it
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Crysis Hello! My names James, Business owner to E-Flux LTD. Find out more about Crysis
                                Working...
                                X