Faceoff M1911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faceoff M1911

hey just wondering if there are any companys that you can get gold m1911 slides and lower revievers off, and what about the grips? i would really like to create a pair of these but i cant find anything really, any ideas?
    sigpic

Re: Faceoff M1911

Hi,

Socom Gear are doing a limited edition 24k gold plated 1911. Don't know where you'd get the grips from tho.

Cheers
    Chris

Comment

The SOCOM gear one isn't the same as the Face/Off one. It's just a standard classic M1911A1 with a gold finish. There are no front slide serrations and the hammer and trigger are just a standard M1911A1 hammer and trigger.

Comment

There was a guy from arnies who created a pair in stainless, very well done......look under projects. The only way you will get 100% accurate is by buying a stock 1911 (recommend a TM) then buy the separrate parts, I think airsoft surgeon does a similar slide all the other parts are quite common and easy to aquire. As for gold plating I would speak to Kodiak as he gold plated his Desert Eagle and they did a very good job of it......either way this will be very expensive if you do it properly. For the grips had a quick view on google and there doesn't seem to be any decent replicas so they will also have to be a custom built job as well....
        Just because you can doesn't mean you should......

Comment

Sorry for the really late post but:

WA did them, exact replicas, can be seen if you type "Western Arms face off" in google. Its a V12 i think.

They are fapping expensive though!!

Also WA sell a silver version too, but still over $300!

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

Prime makes Springfield V12 metal kit for WA 1911 in brass!!! But good luck finding one!
            As for the price is about $750 per kit plus the gun!!!

Cheers
            George

Asahi WA2000
            WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

the picture on the right is the WA 1911! enlarge it and the top left says magna blowback system
              Originally posted by iNK
              Tokyo Marui? Can't say I have ever heard of them. Sounds like some sort of Ramen soup. Are you sure you are not reading off the back of a take-away flyer?

Comment

Perhaps buy the gun that fits the description the best, and then look for a company which has a gold dip machine. Maybe chuck a few notes their way, and they would do your 1911
                Every man dies, but not every man really lives

Comment

Fella I know has a set, ill try and add some pictures and have a chat to see how he done them for you
                  my sells rating http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...ight=mikeymaul

Comment

I got halfway there with a WE M1911 Meu (see my avatar), just didn't get round to doing the dragon inlays on the grips. WA did a replica, all you really need is a 1911 with Smith and Wesson trades in gold, with black hardware... Ideally with the V12 barrel vents.

But if you want to do this properly, it really is gonna cost ya!
                    WANTED: KAC QD SUPPRESSOR (long) & AKS-74/AKMS
                    After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man.

Comment

Here's mine

Base: WA Springfield 1911 V12 silver
                      Kit: Prime Springfield 1911 v12 brass

I don't have the Face Off grips

Wolf
                      Last edited by Wolfgeorge; 9 May, 2011, 07:19.

Asahi WA2000
                      WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

I had a WA V12, awful gun, looks sexy but shoots like a musket!

I think as suggested, its best to do a full custom job.

I think gold 1911's would certainly sell better if they weren't always limited edition, along with an AMT Hardballer/Longslide !! alas! These voids will never be filled!
                        You Know When You've Been Deagled!

Comment

i was after the we 1911 in gold last week after looking in to it they only made 500 world wide so i got a gold we m92 in the end. but i have just picked up a we 1911 to have 24k coated so i think thats the only way to get one
                          Captain Price: We're going deep and we're going hard
                          SAS: Surely, you can't be serious?
                          Captain Price: I'm serious. And don't call me Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by Beep87 View Post
                            I had a WA V12, awful gun, looks sexy but shoots like a musket!

I think as suggested, its best to do a full custom job.

I agree with you WA are not the best pistols out there but they are sexy!

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
                            WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

I had the WA V12 gold some years ago , it is one of the many WA pistols I got and realised looked great but were utter s*** to field

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

UndeadGhost Find out more about UndeadGhost
                              Working...
                              X