S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Loadout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Loadout?

I was planning on making a STALKER loadout, with a Sunrise suit and my AK.

Like this, in fact: http://images.wikia.com/stalker/imag...alker_Suit.png

The easy option (which I was planning to take) was to pick up a GORKA mountain suit and stitch a molle plate carrier to the front and back, because that's basically what that suit appears to be. Unfortunately, I'm foiled by the expense - the cheapest I've found one of those suits available for is £60 (including postage). I don't want to spend that much on something I'm going to be crawling around in the mud and bushes in, so I need another option.

Basically, can anyone recommend me something cheap I can use as the basis for the outfit? I don't expect it to look perfect, but as close as to the picture is preferable.
    My good man, why do you bandy words like this? You are wasting time...Words are potent in debate, deeds in war decide your fate. Then don't go on piling up the words, but fight!
    - Patroclos, The Iliad

Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Loadout?

Hey Broh (the most repeated line in S.T.A.L.K.E.R call of Pripyat)

Perhaps a pair of cover all's or a flight suit or something like that would suffice? I suppose a bit of modifying would get you a similar look to the picture. If anything that would be the cheapest option im guessing. Anyway its nice to see someone going for a recognizable S.T.A.L.K.E.R loadout. Good luck in your en devours

Comment

i think theres already a thread for this matey
      'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Comment

Originally posted by Discoshrew View Post
        i think theres already a thread for this matey
        If there is, I must've overlooked it.

Just bought a chest protector on ebay, but it's the wrong colour. Will spraypaint stick to fabric, or do I have to invest in more expensive stuff?
        My good man, why do you bandy words like this? You are wasting time...Words are potent in debate, deeds in war decide your fate. Then don't go on piling up the words, but fight!
        - Patroclos, The Iliad

Comment

Krylon does.

Use it sparingly though, as a little goes a long way
          Originally posted by andre the giant
          ...most of us like a balance of shooting and drinking tea.

Comment

OK, so I have the shirt and trousers squared away and they should be arriving within the next few days. Anyone have suggestions for what I can use to make the chest piece, though? The stomach protection is going to be easy, but I'm not sure how to get the right look for the upper part.

Sorry, I'm new to this stuff
            - Patroclos, The Iliad

Comment

If your looking for accuracy try to get hold of a old re breather and spray paint it to your hearts content and then look at a small molle chest piece to go under it like the blackwater io vest for example (hard to find) but that sort of shape

Comment

or... try this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Adidas-Firebir...item3364534068

with this...

http://www.cainefashion.co.uk/men-s-...ie-7545-0.html

instant bandit loadout! :D

Comment

I've got a balaclava and leather trenchcoat ready to go, but I don't want it getting snagged in the bushes :p
                  - Patroclos, The Iliad

Comment

Progress is being made!

Forgive the crude photoshop on the vest - I haven't painted it the right colour yet, but you can see where I'm going with it.

* Got a shirt. Splashed out on a Stalker TDU shirt (couldn't afford the jacket, which would've been perfect)

* Got trousers, just waiting on delivery.

* Got a mesh lower face mask (protective AND fits the look)

Still to do:

* Krylon the "armour" the proper colour.
                    * Stitch straps or plastic inserts to the stomach padding.
                    * Make the chest piece. I have foam, I need OD fabric and velcro.
                    * Attach the chest piece to the vest.
                    * Stitch leather patches to the trousers and shirt.
                    * Make and attach an OD fabric hood to the shirt.
                    * Buy a MOLLE or webbing belt with pouches so I can carry ammo, artifacts and vodka.
                    * Make the rebreather. I'm thinking camelbak harness, two coke bottles wrapped in papier mache and attached to a painter's mask. Fingers crossed, should be relatively easy (famous last words!)
                    * Buy and stitch on some patches to finish it off!

If I'd known how much this was going to cost me in terms of money and trouble, I wouldn't have bothered. Hooray for the sunk costs fallacy!
                    - Patroclos, The Iliad

Comment

are you not going to get a gas mask?
                      or are you just going for a face mask that looks good?

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tactical-Molle...#ht_2001wt_901

maybe that for a top half?

Comment

just wondering how progress is going? im seriously considering swapping to a freedom-like loadout (flecktarn woop)
                          Oderint Dem Metuant

Comment

Would also like to know how progress is going.

Here is my attempt at not an exact STALKER suit copy, but a STALKER suit nontheless.

You can't see them properly, but I have the same patches as in the game.

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

@Kamarov you look great dude! thinking of doing a more full time STALKER loadout with a SVD, going to use claw gears stalker TDU clothing as a base because it suits perfectly just need to choose a colour..probably OD

my stalker esque loadout

russian down the side of my armour is purcy and has LT on the back in the armour

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ancisace Find out more about Ancisace
                              Working...
                              X