Mercenary Loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercenary Loadout

hi guys... im currently working on a film (similar to Moviemaker) and im looking to get a good mercenary look... not going for anything fancy... im not looking for anything specific like Blackwater or anything i want them to be a new mercenary team... its a team of 5 guys (3 are the leads and 2 are extras) also another character (decklan) who sort of ends up being part of the group purely by accident... the first scene of the film is the important bit... they have been hired to rescue a british soldier from an enemy compound which they do... but i need to know what sort of loadout i should set them to... i dont know if i should use all the same guns or if i should use a mix (to make it seem more "personal" to each mercenary) and then the clothing issue... do i use a universal "uniform" for them? or do i let them kit out however they like... ie; do i get them to kit up all in the same style of trousers and top and the same vest, do i use balaclavas goggles and helmets? or do i say similar but without the balaclava etc... or do i give each character a different style of clothing each.. different colours/styles etc? im really hitting a stump here... i want them to look like mercenaries so i dont want them to look to similar but i want them to look pretty cool, im sure you guys will be able to give me a hand?

thanks
    Mark
    fine... run... see if i care... you'll only die tired!

Re: Mercenary Loadout

I should think it depends where the film is based, as to what clothes would be worn, and what weapons would be most readily available.

Essentially, anywhere the iron fist of the Soviet empire reached (so on top of the former USSR states, that would include much of the Middle East and Africa, as well as North, Central and SE Asia), AKs are in abundance. It doesn't matter too much what varient, but your classic movie AK is the Norinco Type 56-1 (the Chinese version of the AKMS assault rifle).

I read a statistic once that the ratio of AK rifles to the global population was something like 1:16!!

For clothes, you'll be wanting lighter colours (such as Tans and light browns) for desert areas (i.e, Middle East, North Africa), and Olive Drab/Greens for jungle areas. Nothing with any military affiliation, so no camo.

As for gear and kit, again, nothing with any military affiliation, just basic webbing kits, standard rucksacks and suchlike.
    Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

webbing, tank top/vest, camo trousers. job done!

Comment

I'd just give em the basic colour sheme. Nothing to similar...
        For guns, don't give them all the same. Good things are always AK's, but a mix with M4s would be nice as well.

Comment

hey machaon, thats really helpful thanks And WOW thats a pretty intense ratio... they are going to be British based mercenaries and i havent decided the set location for where the hostage will be... i was wondering why no type of camo? i dont want them to look like low level mercenaries i want these guys to look professional... they have been hired by the government to rescue the soldier as he has vital info for them, i did originally think MP5's but i wasnt to sure... basically i want them to be completely professional, the storyline goes that after they have rescued the soldier and return him to safety they return to Britain, they are then told the government are looking for the soldier and the soldier makes contact with the team to gain some sort of help, this is when the soldier becomes entangled with the team i havent gone much further with it yet but i really do intend to... i hope this gives you a bit more of an insight into the film

Comment

From what I've been told, and from what I can gather from pictures I've seen, Private Security Contractors don't ordinarily wear state-issued camouflage - this is advantageous for both parties as the contractor/mercenary doesn't get affiliated with the government, and vice versa, so both can deny involvement if things go wrong. It also means that the contractor/mercenary has the opportunity to pick and choose his kit from across the board, not just sticking to what one government issues.

MP5s are common weapons for bodyguard crews, so an MP5SD might be a good option if your mercenaries were going covert.

The level of professionalism your mercenaries portray would be partly defined by the kit they were wearing. I'm afraid I'm not really up on the brands or models of gear, so I can't give you much more help. Take a look at the PMC thread in the American Loadouts subforum.

This link might help for ideas
            Last edited by Machaon; 19 January, 2011, 17:05.
            Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

thanks mate you have been a MASSIVE help and i totally understand that now... ill get some load outs poked together and ill take some photos to see what you guys think you seem to be helpful so if i have not noticed something hopefully you guys will

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mark_mjs93 my name is mark, im 17 and from bedford, i have been interested in airsoft now for about a year or 2 Find out more about mark_mjs93
              Working...
              X