East German (DDR) Cold War Loadouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: East German (DDR) Cold War Loadouts

finaly found the romainian stock and stuck it on the ak. looks close enough for me without buying more parts

yeh it properly needs a bakelite akm pistol grip and the correct front grip but that can come later as this stock isn't really held on by much i'm afraid it will snap off as the body is just cyma plastic :/

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

Does anyone have a close up of the webbing y straps at the front and how they fix onto the belt?
      AK 74 EBB x 2, RPK, AKS74U x 2 and G3 with Cetme Woodkit, TM AK47. Strichtarn Loadout, Blumentarn Loadout, Stassi Working Denims, DDR Police and Wache Regiment Walking out/parade uniform, Winter Strichtarn BDU, M56 Helmet and M56 Parade Helmet.

Comment

Wich kind?? The eirly 60s ones or the later ones?

Iirc the eirly ones attached to d-ring belt loops
        And the later ones i have loop round the belt and onto a hook on them selves.

meddy

Comment

The later one
          AK 74 EBB x 2, RPK, AKS74U x 2 and G3 with Cetme Woodkit, TM AK47. Strichtarn Loadout, Blumentarn Loadout, Stassi Working Denims, DDR Police and Wache Regiment Walking out/parade uniform, Winter Strichtarn BDU, M56 Helmet and M56 Parade Helmet.

Comment

Umm the gray one or the green utv thing?

meddy

Comment

Yey doubble post cus zero in sux

Ahem this is how i did my utv thing

I used a blunt screwdriver to first strech the loop thing on the inside and threaded up from bottem and then used the screwdriver to help bend the fabric till it got on the other prong

The mag pouches i threaed the loops on first then did the same thing

meddy

Comment

It's the grey one but do you have a pic of the green one as well?

Comment

Genosse Hurrah, Hurrah, Hurrah will properly correct me on my naff vids i did at 5am ;p but here is how i fit my stuff together (excuse the noise i was watching Dunkirk film)

mid to late issue gray nylon webbing
                  http://youtu.be/68jn1T8TzX8

that damn assult pack
                  http://youtu.be/XTr9GDKUKVI

and

utv belt clip thinnggys
                  http://youtu.be/W9t2oYfpaBA

i still have a lot to learn about all this >_< and still more stuff to collect ^^

though today finally met Mr Gadge Europa witch was fun though brief as he was bizy taking photos XD

Comment

yeah good to meet you chap, sorry i couldnt chat more but next cold war battle we'll have a proper chat.

Could you take some pics of your jacket with the odd grommets?

Comment

indeed i did i jus havent got around to posting them yet XD just got into bed so will post them later tonigjt ^_^

meddy

Comment

Great vids Meddy thx.

Comment

oh my dam the vids i made are brilliant fun to watch when drunk and you have the youtube automatic closed captions on XD i think it only got one word correct in the whole lot >_<

and here ya go gadge the link to the photo spam of the uniform i'm just leaving it here for reference

http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user...444/story/7705

Comment

The Push studs on the arm pits turn up from time to time, it was not commonly done, it could have been a fixture the arm pit mounted Dosimeters or maybe just to get some vent holes

Comment

Excellent, i thought you might know the answer to that one!

I thought vent holes but they just seemed *too* useful. Usually soviet/warpac vent holes are just stitch re-enforces punched holes are they not?

I'd just never seen an FDA blouse like that, i wondered perhaps if the holes were for running a wire through for maybe coms or electrically heated kit but it's probably like you say something far simpler!

Comment

i'm all for using old kit but if the stuff i have is a bit unusual or rare i'd rather pick up another more common set to scermish in. and keep the other in display or for occasional use.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Captain Poopdecker Find out more about Captain Poopdecker
                                Working...
                                X