East German (DDR) Cold War Loadouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: East German (DDR) Cold War Loadouts

It's apparently an uncommon variation that is occasionally seen on some blouses. The DDR collectors i've spoken to say they've seen a few but nobody knows the reason they are there... the two suggestions were to clip dosimeters to or to simply increase ventilation.

Comment

Could sports badges be worn on the Strichtarn field uniforms?
      AK 74 EBB x 2, RPK, AKS74U x 2 and G3 with Cetme Woodkit, TM AK47. Strichtarn Loadout, Blumentarn Loadout, Stassi Working Denims, DDR Police and Wache Regiment Walking out/parade uniform, Winter Strichtarn BDU, M56 Helmet and M56 Parade Helmet.

Comment

No, only Waffenbruderschaft joint exercise badges get worn at time of issue, in the ordered German mind a camouflage garment is that, camouflage.
        Save such things for Parade and Ausganguniform.

Comment

The Badge would be issued on the completion of the exercise.

Comment

Thanks for the Info :-)
            AK 74 EBB x 2, RPK, AKS74U x 2 and G3 with Cetme Woodkit, TM AK47. Strichtarn Loadout, Blumentarn Loadout, Stassi Working Denims, DDR Police and Wache Regiment Walking out/parade uniform, Winter Strichtarn BDU, M56 Helmet and M56 Parade Helmet.

Comment

dad founds the big bag of knives and got around to sorting them out and tadar so far 2 ak have been found, anyone what to identtify befor i go snooping about tommrow.

ddr akm ?

chec type??

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

Top one most likely east german ak74 bayonet (74s were on issue very near the end of the DDR, as can be seen by straight AK74 rather than curved AKM/47 pouches). It's possibly a vietnamese or chinese copy as these have black plastic/bakolite furniture but the grey leather and webbing make me think its DDR

second one is an AKM bayonet I'd have to check the reference books but could hypothetically be any warsaw pact or a middle eastern copy given that nearly every state in that region used AKMs. AKM bayonets i think have that rubberised grip as unlike bakolite/plastic AK74 sheaths they are not insulated when used as wire cutters without it.

Comment

well the black one has what looks like East german factory numbers on it

"2 1947/2 " moulded on scabbard and either 151 or 154 on the reverse side on the metal
                  on the cross guard its stamped looks like N1 then 00 but could be that russian N and engraved 1131 and looks like another faint stamp or could just be a mark

can't find any marking on the other one tho.

Comment

Did the DDR have/use any issue body armour/flak vests please?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Mcann View Post
                      Did the DDR have/use any issue body armour/flak vests please?

Thanks
                      i rember seeing a post on W.Awards ddr forum of a manaquin in a german museaum wearing raindrop full body armour bomb disposal suit. i will have to dig it out later

Comment

That would be great if you could-Thanks

Comment

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=armour

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=bomb+disposal

Last edited by meddy; 30 October, 2013, 20:36. Reason: another link

Comment

Thank you very much for the links and pics,that has got to be by far the most bizarre helmet I have EVER seen!!!!!

Comment

i guess its proberly just 4 of thoes vests stuck togeather and bolted to you head XD

Comment

Well my vest arrived yesterday and is the same type as in the pics and weighs a TON.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Captain Poopdecker Find out more about Captain Poopdecker
                                Working...
                                X