WW2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW2

Hey guys, am looking to get a ww2 look on the go as an going to be purchasing a ppsh soon and want to look the part any ideas .

Re: WW2

Telegroika cold weather uniform or gymnastroika(sp?) uniform. Ssh40 steel helmet. Valenki or Sapogi boots. RKKA/early red army belt/suspenders and ammo pouches. WW2 model veshmeshock. Err all i can think of atm
    Signature Removed

Comment

Originally posted by AlexLM View Post
      Telegroika cold weather uniform or gymnastroika(sp?) uniform. Ssh40 steel helmet. Valenki or Sapogi boots. RKKA/early red army belt/suspenders and ammo pouches. WW2 model veshmeshock. Err all i can think of atm
      If he's planning on buying this stuff for airsofting in the summer, he would boil to death before getting through a whole game in Telogreika

To OP: Because your using a PPSh i assume your aiming for late-war loadout.
      Suspenders for some reason were rarely worn during late-war.
      The correct Gymnastiorka is the M43 type, this is appropriate for summer
      Helmets arent particularly practical or necessary for airsoft, so a better bet would be a Pilotka (side cap)
      Valenki (felt/wool boots) are only appropriate for snow or ice covered ground, and would wear out very quickly in summer. And they dont suit a summer GPW loadout.
      Sapogi (Leather and Kirza jackboots) would be your best bet, or low-boots with puttees.

Be careful to avoid these kind of belts:

They are NOT WW2 issue belts.

I can PM you plenty of links to sites which make repros of kit or uniform if necessary.

EDIT: What is your budget, OP? It will drastically affect the detail and authenticity you can achieve with your loadout.

Comment

A Ppsh is fine for 1942 onwards so its not necessarily late war kit. They were much less common than Mosins then but then they always were.
        I usually recommend an M35 over an M43 as they were standard issue from 1935 to 1943 and can still be seen quite often as late as 1944 (with M43 insignia). You can get away with doing late war with early war kit but obviously it doesn't work the other way around. Hull is right though, you're much better starting with a summer uniform as you can only wear the winter kit for about 2 months of the year in the UK. Valenki are pretty much useless for us too.
        Web gear wise a simple belt, canteen, ammo pouch and gas mask bag will do you to start and you can build from that. Y-straps and breadbags should be avoided for anything post 1941.
        Helmets aren't essential but they are a good part of the look. Ssh40s are still fairly cheap so I'd definitely consider getting one.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Suicide Runner Find out more about Suicide Runner
        Working...
        X