Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

russian SOBR (Special Rapid Response Unit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: russian SOBR (Special Rapid Response Unit)

That's apparently FSB resolving a domestic terrorism situation from inside Russia earlier this year, so Multicam is being used domestically in some respects. Fugly knock off by the looks of things though.
    Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
    It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Re: russian SOBR (Special Rapid Response Unit)

First up it must be stated that SOBR are MVD not FSB. Generic MVD Loadouts are similar but different from generic FSB loadouts. The subtleties in gear are the DIFFERENCE between the two branches.

SOBR (Now officially known as OMSN) have their own specific remit, and the gear you will need will depend on a number of different factors:
      i) Era (Gear from mid-2000 is different to gear being used now)
      ii) Place of operation (Urban, forest or mountain)
      iii) Role (SOBR will have assualters, medics and snipers)
      iv) Mission (Hostage rescue, High risk warrant, VIP protection)

I always find the best way to do an impression is find a photo of the guy you like then try and replicate it with whatever you have or can afford.

As for the FSB in multicam, the pic of the operaton above is taken from an operation in Dagestan on 29/12/2010. Initially the FSB procured Helikon Multicam from outlets in Germany for the FSO operators (FSBs VIP protection unit) working in Iraq. The decision was taken to use more 'westernized' gear to blend in with NATO forces and prevent any confusion. You will see in the early pictures of the russians in multicam that they are utilising black load-bearing gear made by Russian companies (SSRV I think).

The gear proved popular and by late 2000's, Alfa had started to use the Helikon gear (normally bought by the operators themselves or from sponsors). In the above photo, the gear is STILL helikon gear. However a number of russian gear manufacturers had started to make more load bearing gear in multicam I THINK that the guy with the PKM has an ASS 'Tank' vest and the guy on the left with the AK has an SSRV 'Centurion' vest on but I am not sure. These would have been specially ordered by the parent company and would not have been available to the rank and file of the Russian military.

Between 2010-2012, Alfa operators can be seen in genuine Crye gear (although plenty are wearing Helikon). If you look at the new FSB calender, you can clearly see that the Alfa guys are wearing Blackhawk and Crye gear. Multicam can now be bought by civilians from the russian manufacturers (check out the SRVV website. I like SRVV gear and you can import it to the UK).

I hope this helps. If anybody wants help with a loadout post up a pic and I'll try to tell you what gear you need. Its hard to list the gear you need for a generic SOBR loadout.

Comment

^ this guy, knows his beans!! Take heed!
        “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

barson66 well just ask and id be happy to answer Find out more about barson66
        Working...
        X