Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• russian helmet

Hey all

could anyone enlighten me as to what helmet the russians are using at the moment? Ive had a quick google and if google is to be believed theyre using everything from WW2 era soviet helmets, to something that looks like a PASGT to something that looks liike an armour plated welders facemask!

Re: russian helmet

The one with the face mask is a SPETzNAZ Counter terrorist unit helmet IIRC. They look awesome but would weigh a tonne.

Comment

they are currently wearing the 6B7-1L helmet.,.. i think

Comment

huh, well according google, 6B7-IL is a radioactive isotope! though tbh it wouldnt surprise me if thats what the russians are using! :p

cant seem to find one anywhere, any suggestions for what could pass as a close enough lookalike? Would an old PASGT do?

Also what do russians use as a standard sidearm at the moment? I have no knowledge whatsoever of russian handguns, only one I can think of is the makarov, are they still using that or is that obsolete now?

EDIT: found out, its a MP-443 GRACH... looks pretty nifty too... need an airsoft version though! D: Looks like something halfway between an M9 and a FN-5.7
        Last edited by Tiercel; 1 August, 2010, 21:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
          huh, well according google, 6B7-IL is a radioactive isotope! though tbh it wouldnt surprise me if thats what the russians are using! :p

cant seem to find one anywhere, any suggestions for what could pass as a close enough lookalike? Would an old PASGT do?

Also what do russians use as a standard sidearm at the moment? I have no knowledge whatsoever of russian handguns, only one I can think of is the makarov, are they still using that or is that obsolete now?
          if you google "6B7-1L helmet" which i just have confirms is a russian helemt. :D hey presto

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
            Hey all

could anyone enlighten me as to what helmet the russians are using at the moment? Ive had a quick google and if google is to be believed theyre using everything from WW2 era soviet helmets, to something that looks like a PASGT to something that looks liike an armour plated welders facemask!
            The helmet worn by the MDV is called the Maska-1Sch, I presume "Maska" must mean mask because that is the one with the "Armour plated welder's face mask" attached to it.

I think a few people opted to skip the £500 price tag and several replicas have been produced, but not on a giant commercial level...

The regular infantry helmet is very similar to the PASGT, I believe it is made of Kevlar like the PASGT too:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/4985/6b71lhd5.jpg

There has been a replica produced by (I believe) a Swedish company of this helmet.

/Josh

This Tea is shite... Needs more Bag.

- Myself

Comment

I was under the impression that the Russians were now using the STSH-81 'Sphera' helmet. Heavy bugger, with big titanium plates inside it.

Comment

Well here's a cheap clone of a WW2 era one if you're interested:

http://www.militarymart.co.uk/Clothi...prod_1624.html

Comment

The Sphera is old tech by now. It was mainly a 90s thing. It was never a standard issue helmet anyway, more of a special operations helmet for the MVD.

Those Hungarian helmets aren't an exact clone, the liner and chinstrap are wrong (and the colour + rivets if you want to get really anal). A (non para)Czech or Polish model would be better as although the liner is wrong the chin strap is usually the same as on an Ssh60.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
                  Working...
                  X