Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Dawn - Russian para loadout

Hi all,

Any ideas on what camo these guys have on? my team were thinking of doing one.

Heres a vid to help...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2LG-ASco6o

Re: Red Dawn - Russian para loadout

They were made for the movie and are loosely based on russian KLMK pattern. When the movie was made their was no easy access to soviet kit, and only grainy black and white pics that the intel orgs had sourced of spetsnaz, VDV etc wearing them. They also appear in rambo 3 as well. Sets have turned uo on the red alliance forum in the past however they are very collectible and go for quite a price.
    Current armoury

ICS L86 A2 LSW - CYMA AIM's - C.A. MP5 A3 - C.A. HK 33 K - J.G. G36 KSK - G&P L119 A1 - C.A. HK 53 - STAR FNC Para -CYMA Galil SAR - Real sword Type 56 - T.M. Sig P226 - KSC USP Compact - KSC HK USP 45 - KSC Glock 19 -

Comment

Originally posted by delta1ukc View Post
      They were made for the movie and are loosely based on russian KLMK pattern. When the movie was made their was no easy access to soviet kit, and only grainy black and white pics that the intel orgs had sourced of spetsnaz, VDV etc wearing them. They also appear in rambo 3 as well. Sets have turned uo on the red alliance forum in the past however they are very collectible and go for quite a price.
      so iv i ordered some klmk fatigues (from the motherland) think thatl do it? i think they are digital klmk sniper suits, so not sure if we could pull that off...

Comment

yes they where made for the movie but iv found something that looks almost the same on ebay very cheep.

Copy and past this into the ebay search. 380196556002

Comment

That looks loads more tactical, and half the price of the klmk versions from eastern europe!!
          thanks rambo, you be the star...
          I think they mainly just use belt kit with a few pouches on from what i can see?
          and....do you think i could get away with getting a CZ-75? im sure the guy on the radio has one...

Comment

The same place Rambo lead you too also has KLMK, also a certain banned HK site sells KLMK suits.

Comment

There is no KLMk on either site as far as I can see, only a commercial copy of the 'sun bunnies' camouflage pattern. KLMK is the specific name for the one piece oversuit of Soviet origin.

The most practical version of the pattern is the late Soviet issue KL-M 2 piece uniform. Same pattern & material as KLMk but cut as a proper 2 piece, 8 pocket uniform, including magazine pockets on the legs. Can be worn as an oversuit or a uniform on its own.

Item numbers 130453607528 & 180662287844 are KL-M. Obviously not as cheap as the commercial stuff though.

Comment

Maybe I should have said KLMKesk. I'd say it was close enough for airsoft without paying silly money for an original to play soldiers in.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian IWG View Post
                  Maybe I should have said KLMKesk. I'd say it was close enough for airsoft without paying silly money for an original to play soldiers in.
                  yep and at the end of the day, we just shoot bbs at each other in it and play like big kids!

Comment

Only pointing out the difference so you know what you are buying. Its not Red Dawn Camo and nor is it Soviet. Personally I think buying commercial stuff is a waste of money when an original is only a bit more (hardly silly money) but then I did get my KL-M for £35 posted and my KLMK for about the same.

oh and actual red dawn camo on US ebay- http://cgi.ebay.com/Red-Dawn-Russian...item4cf6c74021

Comment

yeah, that makes sense, im just looking for something similar, that doesnt fall apart in 10 minutes! so perhaps £30-40 with added postage is worth it, rather than the £12 version which might look like a set of jim jams lol

Comment

The commerial stuff probably won't fall apart but it does look a little like a camo tracksuit to me! :D
                        Keep an eye out on the red alliance forums or ebay, you can often pick up KLMK/KL-M cheaper than the ones found thus far. Its all down to luck really.

If you do get it from one of the sellers I gave you I'd recommend Alexcatfish over Vladimirbest. Vlad can be a bit hit & miss over sizing and delivery. Alex is a bit more expensive but more reliable. He has even posted stuff to me before I've paid because he was going away.

Comment

i was in LA about 2 years ago & on Hollywood Blvd theres an army navy store that had one of the red dawn camo suits on the wall..it wasnt for sale.
                          Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Animal-Mother Got into airsoft after playing a few times. Came out of the paras 6 years ago now.. Find out more about Animal-Mother
                          Working...
                          X