Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9th company - Russian Afghan War Loadout

Hello All,

As i am getting an AK i wanted to do a russian loadout from the afghan war era, want to try to base it on the film 9th company sort of a look.

Anyone have any ideas??

Re: 9th company - Russian Afghan War Loadout

yeah talk to me about it in team chat mate :P

Comment

Look at your wallet.
      Burn it.
      Cry.

Comment

pretty much sums it up

Comment

It's not really that difficult or expensive, you just need patience and a bit of luck. Not the cheapest loadout ever but then what impression is?

For late Afghan war VDV ala 9th Rota you basically want the following:

Uniform: M88 'Afghanka' + Sky blue VDV Telnyashka. If you have trouble finding the M88s then M69s were used throughout the war and can be found cheaper & more easily but aren't really seen in the film as far as I can remember.

Headgear: M88 afghanka cap, Panama hat (these are tricky to find), Ssh40, Ssh60 or Ssh68 helmet.

Webbing: Chicom is the easiest & cheapest or Soviet M49 Y-strap webbing system (or usually a combination of both). Rd-54 packs plus 6b2 or 6b3 body armour were also worn but non are cheap to buy.

Boots: Ideally Soviet VDV lace up boots but more modern Russian models are similar. Soviet 'sapogi' jackboots were also worn.

Weapon: AKS-74, RPK-74(no drum mags), SVD or AKMS with PBS-1 silencer. Or of course a PKM you've got your own machine shop!

Comment

This is one I made. A simple, cheap Afghan era Soviet loadout.

For a basic one, you need a KLMK oversuit (I turned mine inside-out to better suit the autumn woodland UK environment), a 6B3 armoured vest (some Russian surplus sites sell them for cheap), an AKS-74, a Soviet belt, and a SSh-68 helmet with a Russian panama hat as the lining. Under all of that, I'm wearing a light-blue striped VDV telnyashka shirt.

Also, the boots are Russian-made lace-up ones, but you can't get those in the UK for cheap. And they're not tan. Just caked in mud.

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

thats gun ho aint it?

Comment

Yep. :D

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

thought i reccognised it was down there today

Comment

Originally posted by murta369 View Post
                    thought i reccognised it was down there today
                    Ah, then hopefully we'll meet there sometime next year when our Uni team goes down there again.

I use the site to test new loadouts, tried my STALKER one recently. I came of of that one sweatier than I've ever been in my life, but I felt manly as hell running around with a modified mesh GP-5 gas-mask and chem-suit on a hot day.

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jester1988 just your standard airsofter really Find out more about Jester1988
                    Working...
                    X