Patches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patches

There was a thread on the British Gear and Loadout section regarding patches and insignia. Opinion was split but quite a large demographic was of the opinion of "don't wear it unless you have earned it". I understand their point, but I have to disagree because at the end of the day were just blokes playing soldiers with toy guns. Do any of you Russian kit guys wear Russian patches?
    For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
    Check out my other sales!

Re: Patches

I find its larely a mute point when it comes to Soviet & Russian impressions. Soviet Troops simply did not wear them in combat and Russian troops still rarely do so I find its generally best to avoid them for an accurate portrayal. The exceptions are the ones that came already sewn on a few of uniforms that I left where they were. Two are just armed forces patches that are pretty generic anyway and the other the Soviet VDV patch I have on my VSR as that was pretty common in Chechnya in the 90s. Most of the time it is just branch of service pins or nothing for me.

Its the same with berets, they rarely get worn in combat so I stick to other headgear and it avoids any conflict of interest. Wearing Telnyaskas are also something that could potentially be seen as disrespectful, well certain colours like maroon or sky blue. However as it now seems they're more of a fashion itme and just about anyone in the Russia can wear one if they want I doubt anyone will have an issue as long as you don't wear them on certain days.

Obviously I do wear insignia with my Red Army kit too but I still keep it pretty simple then. Just branch of service and low rank with no awards. I have a bit more or some of my german kit but nothing too extravagant.

Comment

Yeah I think wearing honours or even rank is insulting, but I don't see a problem with Russian army insignia. I wan't to create a OMOH impression kit soon and I just wanted to know what people's opinions of wearing OMOH patches (like the big one they have on the back of their jacket) is.
      For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
      Check out my other sales!

Comment

OMON is a little different since they're police but I see no problem with using the patches it as long as its done properly.

Comment

IMO it's far more disrespectful to throw on a patch that you clearly haven't researched properly and only wore cause it looks cool etc. Carefully putting together a really detailed, historically accurate loadout is a sign of respect more than anything else in my book.
          Signature Removed

Comment

But when do you draw the line for an accurate load out ? If you're trying to get the look of a, for example, a WO2 then why would it be disrespectful to wear a patch/rankslide to signify that ? They are for sale to civilians, by wearing it doesn't make you a WO2 and your not saying that you are a real WO2 (In most cases ) its just for the look. So why would dressing up like one matter ? Putting it bluntly...airsoft is mans dress up with guns right ?

I appreciate that men (and women) in the armed forces have to earn their rank slides etc but why is it an issue if people just want to pretend to be field marshall joe bloggs for the day ?
            Obviously there are going to be the old 'walt' around but c'est la vie.

I think its best to remember that airsoft is 'a game' a should be treated as such in the sense that if you find yourself taking it too seriously and telling people off for wearing a sgt's rank slide maybe you should take a step back ?

Are you gonna tell this guy to take his medals off....just because he is playing dress up ?

Sorry for being a spanner....these things just annoy me!
            sigpic

You're funny....I'm Gonna Kill You Last
            Originally posted by Kagedwolf
            I suppose your catchphrase would be "HEIL HITLER!"?
            Originally posted by Major
            well i doubt it comes under any copyright infringement!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kensai Find out more about Kensai
            Working...
            X