Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mteal RIS front ends and G&G CM16's

Hi peeps.

Does anyone know if the polymer RIS front end on a G&G CM16 non-blowback can be changed for a metal RIS front and if so what model/version would work best? It is something I might consider in the future (though the polymer is very sturdy) but even if it was possible there are so many RIS front end's out there I'm not sure if all/any would fit properly if at all.

Re: Mteal RIS front ends and G&G CM16's

Yes it can, I've just fitted a full metal Madbull free float ris on mine and it's fine.

The plastic used is probably stronger than some metal bodies to be fair, so thats not an issue either.
    WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

Cool. So is a free float RIS the best option in terms of ease of fitting? How do they fit on to the front of the main receiver?

Comment

Pretty much any type of AEG M4 RIS will fit with a bit of fettling. I recently swapped my front end around to one with a more realistic Barrel/RIS, removing front Sight and replacing with a Gas Block and Veltor one, only issue was sourcing a CW Flash Hider which is now done.
        If you can get the existing front end off and on with a degree of ease you should be able to fit any type of replacement as long as you have all the correct matching parts.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Babyalien Easy going fella, always up for a laugh. Crude sense of humour. Find out more about Babyalien
        Working...
        X