Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Make recessed trademarks stand out (how to video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make recessed trademarks stand out (how to video)

heya guys thought of something cool today, sure its been done before but thought id explain my actions as i was very surprised as to how well it actually worked. This vid shows you how to "colour in" recessed trades, to make them stand out a bit more.

Re: Make recessed trademarks stand out (how to video)

omg thats awesome.
    thanks for the vid!!
    i will instantly go and buy some wax crayons :P

Comment

balbosa thats amazing man love it, looks quiet good. i think your onto something there.
      Alliness Saves Lives

If at first you don't succeed the call in a JDAM

Comment

Been using crayons for ages, that and acrylic paints.

Comment

tipex for me

Comment

as i said im sure its been done before, just thought id share the love thanks guys seems to work very well! hope the vid was helpfull sorry bout the cheesy music its all i could get my hands on that wasnt banned!

Comment

Thanks man, i knew about this but its funny how we know so many things yet forget them along the way, this was a nice reminder to me, gona do my aegs up now before i forget again.

Its nice for simple tutorials like this to be put up once in a while to remind older players and teach newer ones.
              AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Did this a while back. I did make a video too but it seems to have dissapeared.
                -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

damn sorry didnt mean to tread on anyones toe's =/

Comment

Ye have not. Don't worry.

Comment

Great little vid! Yup, very effective. Love the credit card method for removing the excess, worked brilliantly.I love little custom mods like this. Funnily enough I've just done mine as of 3 nights ago. I didn't use crayons myself though as I didn't know if it will discolour/dirty up over time. Instead, I used some of the missus's nail varnish. White for 'Safe' and 'Semi' and red for 'Auto. Brush over much like with the crayon in the vid, then after 10mins or so take some nail varnish remover and a piece of kitchen towel and rub, wet the towel with the remover and rub across. For the more intricate areas use a cotton ear bud, then buff once done. Hoping this will give me a good durable finish, time will tell.

Comment

as soon as the socom is back with me ill de doing that i think!

Comment

We were doing that in the 80s :p it looks ok but some trades/controls should be left, a flood of crayola filled weapons will be in sales soon...................

CUSTOM M4 RARE............ read trades filled in with crayon, purple pizzazz adds 20 quid to the cost, selling due to cutting up dads visa and being grounded for a year
                          :p

sand or forest green trades might work on weapons with that furniture colour, I'll not test the theory

Comment

awesome tip. Will do the same
                            sigpic

Comment

Actually its a reaaly easy method to make a gun look worn, as you can fill in the trades, and then remove a few bits to make it look old.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                              Working...
                              X