Ak74 cheek rest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ak74 cheek rest?

Got a Kobra for my Aks74u which looks incredible. However, It is slightly too high to look through in a comfortable shooting position. A while back I saw some AK's with what looked like Red tape wrapped around the stock to act as a cheek rest almost. Anyone know if that is a recognised method as a cheek rest or am I missing something.

Cheers

Edit: Found a picture:

Last edited by Christo; 1 March, 2012, 19:28.
    "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Re: Ak74 cheek rest?

Its a Russian rubber tourniquet (sp)
    Raven's Claw: bug*er this just charge

Comment

Indeed, it is not designed as a cheek rest but for wounds (a tourniquet). You can get them from ebay or other soviet militaria shops for about $12.

Comment

Awesome, cheers guys.
        "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

maybe the SVD (dragunov) cheekrest would do the job, it's a nice looking bit of kit too.
          "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Tried it, won't fit.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Christo Just another airsofter own in the south of England. Find out more about Christo
            Working...
            X