Semi auto sniper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi auto sniper?

I was thinking that I was going to lock off my my m14 at semi auto, what would be the fps limit I would be able to put it up to?

Thanks

Re: Semi auto sniper?

That depends on your site and its FPS rules mate
    G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
    RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

@ gz the lock off limit is 425fps

tho i think GZ and maybe another southern site are the only ones that allow a lock off rule

If Carlsberg made Airsoft teams..............They would still get raped by the G.Z.C.F

Comment

At ours anything that isnt a bolt action is 328fps for noobs and 350fps for members, a semi-auto falls into that category regardless of its real steel classification
        WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

Originally posted by cyberi4n View Post
          At ours anything that isnt a bolt action is 328fps for noobs and 350fps for members, a semi-auto falls into that category regardless of its real steel classification
          so the members are allowed to twat the noobs with a higher fps. "nice"
          Originally posted by Coz
          Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Macka View Post
            Well that's one way of looking at it - but I think the concept behind it is that members or regulars know safe engagement distances, whereas a noob is going to spray and pray from say 5ft... It's a good way of doing it - I know a few sites that wouldnt allow 500fps snipers until the person using it had performed well with a lower fps gun and understood engagement distances etc... getting a 500fps shot in the face at 20ft is no fun at all! It's for your safety and their insurance!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Macka View Post
              Can you feel the difference between 328 and 350 in a woodland environment? If so you're in the wrong sport mate, take up knitting instead.

Seriously, its about min engagement distance, and acting responsibly just as MaRzY explains. Additionally - no-one is allowed to use a sniper on site until they've passed the sniper cert, to avoid painful scenarios.
              WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

fair enough.

mac
                Originally posted by Coz
                Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Some sites use minimum engagment rules for 328 / 350 fps guns??

Cant help but wonder why, altho the answer may seem obvious 328 is a pretty common fps for urban sites where 5m can be a lot some times!

*Slight exageration, but you know what I mean!

My feed back
                  http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9280

Comment

I read a report on the effectivness of saftey glasses, even balistic glasses (once you do the maths) are only guranteed to stop 350-400 fps from a 2.5 bb, this is the very reason that sites with 500fps sniper rules have a 20m non fire rule and don't allow non experienced players (the word noob is an insulting Americanism) to use them till they have prooved themselves.

A great man said:
                    "Treat even your most feeble enemys with respect, till they have breathed thier last breath"

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper12 View Post
                      I was thinking that I was going to lock off my my m14 at semi auto, what would be the fps limit I would be able to put it up to?

Thanks
                      You may find that the FPS limit for a single shot rifle is only applicable for a rifle that has been factory designed as single/semi shot and not a DIY job on a full auto weapon.

I had this problem when I bought an SL8 sniper rifle that fired semi and full. I disengaged the full auto but later found out that legally it would be treated as a full auto weapon regardless of DIY job which is why in the end I sold it. I know sites may recognise a DIY job but you want to check with the site and be very specific that it's a DIY semi job.
                      Drop'm out with a low cap and save the environment.

Comment

If its locked to semi, its still a full auto gearbox, Semi in airsoft is temporary at best... the gearbox will wear and return to full auto regardless of any semi fix... its not designed semi auto, so it follows auto fps rules. Some sites break the law letting them over, but on thier own head be it....

Anything under 381 is legal for a full auto aeg technically, so whatever the sites aeg limit, is what you can use on a semi auto sniper rifle. They hold little effective point imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitten View Post
                          If its locked to semi, its still a full auto gearbox, Semi in airsoft is temporary at best... the gearbox will wear and return to full auto regardless of any semi fix... its not designed semi auto, so it follows auto fps rules. Some sites break the law letting them over, but on thier own head be it....

Anything under 381 is legal for a full auto aeg technically, so whatever the sites aeg limit, is what you can use on a semi auto sniper rifle. They hold little effective point imo.
                          Spot on. I believe you're absolutely correct. At least three sites that I visited recently refused to allow any DIY semi-auto job (on a factory full-auto weapon) doing over 381FPS. That's why I sold my SL8 rifle before upgrading it- I replaced it with a G&G GR25 sniper that is factory built as a semi-auto only weapon- as is the real steel SR25 anyway.

I'd reccommend to any sniper doing a DIY semi-auto job on a full-auto weapon to re-consider. The real risk (with admittedly low probability) is you hit someone who takes offence at the pain (or any kind of injury) caused by a high energy (i.e. > 381fps) shot from what is a factory full-auto weapon. It is extremely likely that no one (including the authorities or site insurance) will care what DIY mod you did- you exceeded site limits and the law with a full auto weapon.
                          Drop'm out with a low cap and save the environment.

Comment

Is there a resource anywhere that shows how to convert both an M14 & an M16 to single shot?

Comment

!)Pick up gun

2)Select semi auto on the selector lever.

3)Fire in semi auto

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                              X