How do you ask "the boss"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you ask "the boss"?

If you fancy a new gun or a new bit of kit but cant find a way to justify Or just fancy something shiney, how do you ask the girlfriend/wife

Would you just go ahead and get it?

Kiss ass?

Get it and buy her something aswell (non tactical lol)

Just thought it would be a laugh reading some of your replys :D

Ash
    Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Re: How do you ask "the boss"?

Getting her something as well usually sweetens the deal!

Comment

I just buy it and say nothing. I have that much crap laying about the house, the wife does not notice lol
      MAGPUL MASADA - 5 BURST SHOTGUN - SL9 FOR SALE

Comment

Don't tell her and have it delivered to work!
        Then about three months in, leave it lying around for her to stumble across
        "what this old thing? I've had this for ages!"
        "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
        George Carlin

Comment

will enkoy reading this,in need of new excuses

Comment

Just buy it and when she asked ,i tell her ive bought it , and how much it cost

Like wise when the boss wants something she gets it and tells me how much it was and wether i like it or wether she looks good in it /wears it for me

You see were in a grown up relationship ,and being straight with each other is why ours has lasted

Comment

I just buy it. I get ripped a little when stuff arrives but I just remind her of the thousands of pounds worth of unused clothes and shoes she has in the wardrobe(s) - still brand new with tags...

Comment

be independent and make your own choices? As long as it's you who is working and earning money, and supporting your family should be able to do what you want with your disposable income. Well that's my view anyway, i'm not married though, so I'm sure it'll be slightly different to that!

Comment

I guess I’m lucky really, my Girlfriend wants to come Airsofting with me. God she’s so much fun! :D

But I think I’d go with the look what I got you too approach. Then run off and play with your new gun!

Comment

I just buy it and dont worry, because Im not pussywhipped. :P

Comment

Just go into the kitchen and tell her that a parcel is coming.

Or use the rule of thirds.
                      (Whatever it cost, divide by three. You remember the real price, remember the rule = happy other arf)

Comment

i tell her to mind her own business, and get back in the kitchen.....

after ive regained consciousness, i tell her im fixing it for a friend, or i payed half the price and its an investment that i going to sell in a few months
                        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Hahaha these are great! :D i just get them delivered to work fit them to what ever it going on and say ive always had this it works....kind of! she needs a few treats now.....
                          Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

My wife's got over 20 pairs of coloured contact lenses and an Ikea wardrobe that's 1m wide, 2.3m high and 50cm deep and it's full of boots, shoes and hats!

With all that lot floating around I don't ask about buying toys, I just buy them.
                            sigpic

Comment

Normally I buy what I want and spend what I like, I have my sport she has her shoes. This all changed the other day when she saw the bill for my race pistol, apparently spending vast sums of money or airsoft or real guns is a total no no when your suppose to be saving to afford the impending baby. So the moral is, Man & Wife be open an honest and use set ground rules, add baby to this and your F&*@ŁED!
                              Last edited by pacey; 2 March, 2012, 20:06. Reason: Poor poor english skills
                              "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
                              Life in the fast lane........
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NEWT Find out more about NEWT
                              Working...
                              X