Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• western arms or marui M4?

I am torn between a marui SOPMOD model or a Western Arms gas M4

what are the pros and cons apart from the gas vs electric argument!

Re: western arms or marui M4???

A few people on my local site have been running WA GBB M4 all winter and have been singing its praises.
    They have been getting a consistent 25m-30m effective range. This is in the winter so if its like that in the cold, think of what its going to be like in the Summer.

Only thing really is budget and your style of play.

The budget side of things is there not cheap. A To buy and B. To run. But if thats no issue then thats one tick in the box. The gun its self is around £350 and a mag is around £45-50 maybe more. It is worth mentioning that Ching from outdoor pursuits recommends getting the G&P GBB M4 as it comes with a metal body and upgrade parts. Think there roughly the same price plus you get more choice on style of M4.

The style of play is another thing to consider. Its not for players who like to forget about single shot and have the selector switch firmly jammed on fully auto. Due to the size of the mag (50rds) you have to pick your targets and be sparing. Almost like a shotgun really. Yes if the sh1t kicks off then fully auto is there but not for constant use, unless you fancy walking round with 20mags on you.

If you fancy walking around spraying everything that moves then electric m4 is best choice.
    TM MC-51 (Full Systema Energy gearbox and all the other internal fo shizzal)
    Star AW-338 Sniper Rifle
    Maruzen APS Type 96
    TM P226, Tac Master .
    WE SCAR + VFC UGL
    KSC GBB MP7, KSC USP .45 XM survive

Comment

Lol! yeah thanks for that matey I wasn't aware that G&P did a GBB M4. And thanks for the entire overlook it really helped me!

Comment

Had a quick play with a sopmod today and really fancy one myself now
        Wanted:
        RS SVD
        MP5K PDW STOCK
        AK PBS SILENCER

Comment

I'd be tempted to wait for the Noveske N4 GBB, supposed to be a cracking piece of kit! All the flaws of the WA are removed!

Comment

i think im more geared to the SOPMOD as it will be less expensive in the long run. but the gas m4s strip like the real thing!!! still torn! :S

Comment

Because the GBB M4s are built in such a similar way to the real version, they behave much more alike in the small details too. If you consider the way the trigger works on a real M4 and on the GBB, compared to the TM, it's going to be much more realistic. As well as the charging handle, forward assist, and bolt catch. I know the kick on the GBB is actually enough to throw the gun out of aim on full auto. You'll struggle to land more than 5 shots in a body shape at 30m. To me, that's good. I can't imagine the AEG kicking like that. AEG blowback has always sounded and felt pathetic. GBB is much nicer. To be fair to it though, it's not going to be the same as the real thing.
              sigpic
              Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
              I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

aye true! but what one would be better if it was raining? i dont want to order a lovely sopmod and then rain gets inside it and it becomes fubar!

Comment

all i read was the orginal post and i cant belive you are even thinking. :|
                  western arms m4 straight away ( if u have the money )

Trader Rating

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

devil_dogg_dom Find out more about devil_dogg_dom
                  Working...
                  X