Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this any good

Hi all.

At the moment im not UKARA registered and ive only played two games so far but ive been looking around at different guns that i could get once i am registered. (guess i can use the time to save up)

Not too sure about getting myself an M4 as a lot of people at the site i go to seem to have them and i thought id go for something a bit different.

Found this on another site which from reading other posts i dont think i can mention on here :Army Armament R85 A1 AEG.

Would anyone able to tell me if this is any good in terms of quality, reliablility, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Is this any good

the reason people go for m4s is because most of them are version 2 gearboxs and fairly easy to get parts and fix.
    the aa r85 a1s are ok as i have one but you might be worth saving a little more and getting an ares one because they are a lot more reliable .
    i used mine once and it needs work allready.
    Feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...945#post233945

Comment

Hiya.

Thanks for the advice. helped me out there. i'll have to have a look around at the ares ones then.

out of curiosity anyhow, mind if i ask what it is that needs the work doing and why?

Comment

well i havnt had a look at it yet but i think the motor has slipped but i might have striped the teeth off of either one of the cogs or more likely the piston in the gearbox.
        but that said i was running it on a 9.6.
        was fine all day then lent it to someone so dont no what/how it happened.
        i was using it with the blow back disengaged and was fine so i suspect he wasnt and it pushed it over the edge.

Comment

thanks for letting me know and thanks again for your advice.

good luck with fixing it.

Comment

clones are arguably not the way to go for a first time buyer.

but companies like JG (jing gong) are supposed to be getting very good now days - maybe check out their products.

mac
            Originally posted by Coz
            Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

The SA80 (L85) is a strange design, and is flawed in some ways. They also use a non standard gearbox.

Unless you are dead set on the SA80, something nice and simple with a V2 or V3 gearbox could be the answer. In terms of V2 there is all the M4/M16 variants and the MP5 variants (except MP5K). In the V3 corner we have the G36 variants and AK's.

Obviously there are loads more options, but they are the biggies.

As for the AA L85A1. For the money, it is a good piece of kit. Full metal, weighs around 3.5kg! Takes the standard M4 mags (bonus!). I doubt you'd be disappointed, but probably could do better. In reality upgrades are needed/wanted by most guns at some point. Either through wear or a desire to be the "uber 1337 n00bs killaz" :D In which case having something with a easier design would be beneficial!

Comment

Originally posted by swill View Post
                the reason people go for m4s is because most of them are version 2 gearboxs and fairly easy to get parts and fix.

That's quite a boring motive to get an M4....

I think the majority of people go for m4's for other reasons :p

As for the R85, it'll be a great gun to start of with. All metal too

Comment

Thanks for the advice. think i'll look around a bit more and at some of the makes people have suggested.

Comment

not an idea starter weapon i would say one of the new full metal jg guns with mosfet will serve you better

Comment

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by swill View Post

That's quite a boring motive to get an M4....
                      its the reason i got my first m4 and i dont care what anyone says they can be a bit plain but if you load em up with acsessories they look ott.
                      either evryone loves m4s or its because of the availability of parts.
                      sorry if i sound argumentative i dont mean to.
                      i just feel its an excellant motive to get an m4

Comment

Tokyo Mauri (Good cheap Starter). G&P, G&G, Classic Army are more at the expensive end i guess.

Comment

Right.

glad i popped on here to ask peoples opinions. maybe i'll be reconsidering now

Comment

spot on but as said above some of the chinasoft are very good to start with
                            ie jg.

Comment

I would say go for a Tokyo Marui m4. Very good guns and not that expensive :/

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Swift Find out more about Swift
                              Working...
                              X