index/ Faq section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• index/ Faq section

im sure all have noticed the incredible influx of new members we have on the forum these days.

but im sure im not the only one getting a bit annoyed at the constant wat am bestest gun threads that keep popping up at least every other day.

should we get a section dedicated to f.a.q's and and index on airsoft bits n bobs including the jargon that often gets thrown around.

if this section was actually used it would cut down on many pointless threads.

either that or new players need to start posting stuff in the new players section of the forum. its there for a reason guys.

this isnt some kind of forum snobbery - im generally very tolerant of new guys and try to help - but things are getting rediculous.

am i alone in this thinking?

mac
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Re: index/ Faq section

I'm getting a bit annoyed at the influx of members on this forum complaining about "newbie’s" who post without checking to see if there is already a thread on the subject, and or derail threads, and who post in the wrong section.

Comment

Its all very good having the "new guys" section for them to post questions in. But say your not new and have a question, where to post that. If you post it in the new guys section then ull get comments like "not reccomend for a noob" and stuff like that. So i guess most people, me included, post it in the general discussion.
      Armoury:
      JG MP5 SD6, TM G36C.

Sandhurst in May .

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
        I'm getting a bit annoyed at the influx of members on this forum complaining about "newbieís" who post without checking to see if there is already a thread on the subject, and or derail threads, and who post in the wrong section.
        LOL, well said Rampage!
        Seriously though, who cares? It doesnt matter how many boards there are, or how many times you say 'Use this board rather than that', how many sticky posts are up etc etc.
        It will continue to happen!

Comment

What too many of the older forum members forget is that one, new guys here dont know thier way about, and two, when they post, they dont know that we've seen that question hundreds of times, its not thier fault we find it irritating. I agree with Rampage, its not really a problem
          G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
          RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by aeviv View Post
            What too many of the older forum members forget is that one, new guys here dont know thier way about, and two, when they post, they dont know that we've seen that question hundreds of times, its not thier fault we find it irritating. I agree with Rampage, its not really a problem
            Yes it is a problem, our forums half full of utter b*llocks. If we had a proper section for advice then it would all be centralised in one place, it would be easier to see if your question has been posted before if it's a common one as it's bound to be on the first page thus there will be less of the exact same thread, general discussion would go back to what it's meant to be - General Discussion and overall the world would become a better place.

Comment

well when i look for a particular question that has been answered or not even asked i type something from that topic in the search bar and nowt happens! then i decide to look through and i find it on like the last page!! the search bar doesnt realy help to be honest! so i think a sort of section for "which guns are the best" and just about guns and maybe accesories?
              but say you had "guns? which one" as the title (i dunno you guys are the super clever ones)where someone types say "JG MP5 or Dboys MP5 and then so on so forth to find their answer instead of having to go through the general discussion to find their answer!

Comment

Ok how’s this, rather than KEEP moaning about this kind of thing, why don’t you go and do something about it. Type up help threads, and then PM me or any other mod, and request it to be reviewed to be made a sticky. I suggest making sure it’s clear, well laid out, and not too long. Threads that are made sticky will be locked, as to not allow an influx of stupid questions, and spamming of hopefully useful threads.

This forum won’t improve if all you do is keep complaining about not enough valuable user content, when you don’t create enough of it yourself.

Comment

Yay Rampage King of the Mods. now all we have to do it get rid of all the comments on the Picture of your Gun and Pictures of your Gear Threads

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
                    Ok how’s this, rather than KEEP moaning about this kind of thing, why don’t you go and do something about it. Type up help threads, and then PM me or any other mod, and request it to be reviewed to be made a sticky. I suggest making sure it’s clear, well laid out, and not too long. Threads that are made sticky will be locked, as to not allow an influx of stupid questions, and spamming of hopefully useful threads.

This forum won’t improve if all you do is keep complaining about not enough valuable user content, when you don’t create enough of it yourself.
                    I would more than happily spend a bit of my spare time creating guides and what not but unfortunately my airsoft tech knowledge isn't great so the chances of me producing a worthwhile guide are pretty slim.

Yes your right, this forum isn't going to improve if all we do is complain about things but neither is it going to improve unless action is taken by the mods.

My suggestion, pick it to pieces if you must:

Create in the General section a "General Advice" sub section or whatever the correct term is, this would cover all questions asking for advice.

Place it fairly high on the list so that people have no excuse of not seeing it and make an announcement in General Discussion stating that the new sub-section(?) is where all posts should be made asking for advice. If people persist in posting Advice related question in General Discussion their threads will be deleted.

Also ask members to contribute guides so we could create an archive of sorts.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                    Working...
                    X