advice needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice needed!

decided to spray my kwc deagle gold, cos im a bit mental and i like call of duty

how should i go about doing this?

1. buy some gold paint and have a crack myself

2. find a decent car auto sprayers and pay about 60 to get it done professionally

3. gold leaf and lacquer.

what you think people? defiantly doing it this weekend, so any advice appreciated......

thanks

ps, if you think i should do it, how can i get a nice bright gold on it, and what paints and lacquers shall i use/avoid? money isnt a concern, want it to look good :L

Re: advice needed!

Most gold guns are done by electroplating i believe, best person to ask is billywu as i'm sure he's done it before.

oh and its a DESERT EAGLE! :-P

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

I would buy some gold spray, strip down the gun into paintable bits.

Spray the bits, leave to dry for a couple of days and reassemble.

Thats what I would do anyway.

Steve
      My Armory:
      ARES M110, ARES SVD-S

Comment

you will never get a shiny gold finish unless you get it electroplated im afraid

Comment

There are a few people on here that have done it before and achieved some quite nice results, have a flick through the 'pictures of your guns thread' and PM the owners of what you see.

Otherwise, if you're not fairly confident with what you're doing, I'd see if anybody at your site would be willing to help you out with it. It's quite an easy thing to mess up.

Also, if you decide to go ahead with it yourself, is your gat black or chrome? Dependant on it's current finnish, you'd probably be wise to prime it with silver as a base layer, it'll give your final layers of gold a better sheen. I'd advise getting some good quality paint to. It'd serve you better than the majoroty of what you'll find at halfords, ect.

Comment

cheers guys

its a black desert eagle, so ive bought some silver base coat.....

also looking for some top quality gold paint..... :D

i wish i could afford the guarder metal kit, then to electro plate it..... but i cant

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Awesofter Find out more about Awesofter
            Working...
            X