Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abbey Lubricants

Hey all I have been searching for a better lubricant for my WE m4 CO2

Currently I am using kick ass pure silicone spray but I was wondering if there is anything better for metal to metal lubrication?

I have looking at abbey LT2 grease and Abbey SM50 grease

whats your guys opinions?

I did do a search and found Teflon grease but didn't know if this was a better option as the 2 abbey products i have found weren't mentioned.

Thanks all
    regards Glen
    Systema M4

Re: Abbey Lubricants

Silicon spray shouldn't be used for metal to metal lubrication, it actually makes wear worse. I've heard lithium grease is recommended

Comment

Abbey product are usually pretty safe, although I'm not sure about the exact ones you quoted. What exactly is it that you're lubricating?

Comment

Look for Rok Shox 'judy butter' Its a very good suspension fork grease, that should work well. if not Pace fork grease is good too. They are both designed for metal on metal contact, minimum stiction of components and its 'O' seal friendly too. Might be a little cheaper too being a non airsoft specific product.
        Its made for Mountain bike suspension forks so most retailers online and local shops should stock it or the equivelent.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

ahh I shall have a look I am lurbricating the bolt in my M4

I got this back from another company

Hi Glen,
          Glad to hear the rifle is still working nicely.
          The stuff I got was called SLIP2000, try www.midwayuk.com as that's where I
          got it from, seems to work very well for me so far and works down to like
          -30c which is the main thing you need to look for. The abbey gun lub seems
          ok, just doesn't say what temp range its designed for, but I would imagine
          it will be fine as abbey is normally pretty good stuff. As for the grease
          its upto you, only place I would use it is maybe on the buffer spring but
          the problem with grease is it will attract a lot more 'dirt' and be harder
          to clean off, better of with just using some gun oil.

Best regards,

Mark Naylor
          WE retailer company name can't be listed
          Last edited by perfectshadows; 6 November, 2009, 00:50.
          Systema M4

Comment

I am lubricating the metal to metal moving parts in my GBBR like the bolt etc...
            Systema M4

Comment

Try the stuff in my above post if you can find it and its cheaper mate, Ive used it in a GBB pistol and had no issues, like the man says you will need to service more often as any grease will attracted dirt, but the fork grease is not as effected by it, its designed to be used in very dirty environments all year round and has very high temperature thresholds due to the nature of what its designed for.
              section 24 of the 1968 Act
              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

SLIP2000 Can you use this on Rifles and Pistols.

Slip 2000 Gun Oil 4 oz Liquid <--- Is that the one you mean?

Comment

yeah thats the one, according to mark its fine to use on the WE m4 rifles so I am guessing it will be safe on a pistol I have WE M1911-A1 I have emailed Mark to ask if its safe on O-rings as well
                  Systema M4

Comment

Okay here is a bigger question where do you actually lurbicate on the WE m4?

I found this but it doesn't seem like enough lubrication to be honest
                    Systema M4

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

perfectshadows Find out more about perfectshadows
                    Working...
                    X