Attaching an airsoft silencer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attaching an airsoft silencer?

How do I attach an silencer (kings arms, light weight) to my m4?

Re: Ataaching an airsoft silencer?

The silencer will have 2 measurements the thread size and a direction (left or right handed). Chances are it's a left-handed 14 mm thread.

In order to fit it, you need to take the flash-hider off the front of the gun. Check underneath for a grub screw and remove it, then try to unscrew the flash hider, bearing in mind that it's almost certainly a left-handed thread, and so you need to screw it the wrong way to undo it.

You can now screw the silencer on to that thread. Again, remember to turn it in the correct direction for the thread you have, and watch out for it feeling wrong - you may have the wrong thread depth and you'll only cause damage if you try to force it.
    Last edited by rik; 5 November, 2009, 16:29. Reason: wathc for cross threading.

Comment

screw it on

Comment

unscrew the flash hider and screw on the silencer? make sure you have the right threads..
        Chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

I got clock wise and anti clock wise, but the problem is that I can't seem to find anything to take the m4 flash hider of?

Comment

there should be a tiny! and it is tiny! grub screw under the flash hider.. you just need an allen key..
            Chandler

Comment

Serously myn defentaly doesnt have an allen had thing?
              Instead maybe it has like a bolt (nut and bolt) thing?
              Maybe I should try and unscrew that?

Comment

go for it lol.. is it on the flash hider?
                Chandler

Comment

No just before it :S

Comment

Should be about 1.5mm allan key for it.
                    section 24 of the 1968 Act
                    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Serously I dont think I got one, my dad can see it, I cant see it so?
                      Btw I got an Aim Top m4a1, maybe its unique to other m4 s ?

Comment

Do you think it's glued on?

Comment

Ive just googled this issue mate and came up with stuff on the plastic bodied one so not sure about the metal bodied one if thats what you have, it says that the flash hider is removable but there is no 14 ccw thread for silencer attachment in this aeg. I would put a link but its to another retailer, Ifact you have already seen what website Iv looked at as you have quoted it in a sales thread a while ago.
                          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Re: Ataching an airsoft silencer?

Can you take some photos of the flash hider for us to see? Alternatively, are you near anyone else that you trust to have a look at it?

Comment

Re: Attaching an airsoft silencer?

I actually dont think it has a thread on the end of it, might have a flash hider fitting similar to the famas.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Queboo12 Magpul User and Abuser Find out more about Queboo12
                              Working...
                              X