Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Gen1 nightvision. for CQB/room clearance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen1 nightvision. for CQB/room clearance.

Hay guys.

I'm looking into nightvision at the moment and could use some advice.

I'm ex-services have have plenty of experience with Gen3+ how ever now-a-days i couldn't even think of spending that sort of cash on an airsoft accessory. ive had no hands on experience with Gen1 and as such i could use some advice as i'm thinking of getting one.

I would be using the night vision purely for house/room clearances. especially at places such as catterick. which when the sun goes down. for the majority it ends up being a room to room/house to house game.

could anyone with experiance of gen1 give me some advice? im not fussed about mounts/setups or anything, i'm a bodger through and through but i'm more concerned with just how crap they really are. as above i'd be looking to do fast paced room clearances say 15m length hallways max and rooms no bigger than 10x10m.

i'm also more conserned about the identification of shapes rather than colour/patterns. for example say i had a hostile in a room that was furnished with a tall lamp. i want to identify the shape of the person more not just see two dark tall shapes of both the hostile and lamp.

anyone got any insight into how effective they are?
    are they worth the cost?

i'd have a limit of around £250 give or take some tenners.

cheers all, any advice would be highly appreciated.
    - Chris

Re: Gen1 nightvision. for CQB/room clearance.

Your mil spec stuff have auto focus n all that nice gadgetry that makes life so much easier

a lot of civilian tech under £1000 dont

i have a yukon canadian rebrand gen 1 night spirit or something its called 3x mag and overall very good i stuck it on my sniper rifle behind my scope and it works a treat but in terms of rushing into rooms etc..to fast for the gen 1 and most gen 2 units to handle unless they have auto focusing type stuff in em

also youll see a bit of glow especially if you use the inbuilt IR torch included in most units

if you get a yukon by the way i have a head mount kit i can sell to you very cheaply that will fit onto the two bolts on yukon units..my yukon that i have dont have these bolts purely handheld only which is a shame, also the rubber on top has frayed away too for some reason

Comment

I would have thought most NV kit would have a very poor FOV. Great for recon and field work, not so good for cqb. Probably better served with bright lights, glowsticks and flashbangs.

Comment

I use gen1, great for observing and slow stealthy work, assassin type shots. Having to refocus is a pain in the arse and loss of depth perception on them is not good, makes running quite interesting.
        Gen1 are a great tool and certainly can give you an edge. But I'd say for room clearance, i'd say get faster with IFF and trigger response with a good sure fire.
        "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
        Life in the fast lane........
        sigpic

Comment

I have an ATN Viper, it's well within your budget, but the FOV is pretty poor, however you would certainly have an edge in some situation, I was at the mall last month with FCS, and at one point at the basement in a blackout game, everyone from both sides restrained themselves from having their torch on since we could hear each other's foot steps, and any light would instantly give our position away, and at that point I was really regretting not having my night vision on me. I'd really only use NV for milsim events though, and I have never really tested it properly on the field when there are chances of the NV being exposed to a sudden shine from a 200 lumen torch in pitch black environment.

This was my setup back ages ago.
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...cep-trainer-M4

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
          X