Silencers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silencers?

Hey people just wondering your views on these, do you like them, find them really effective, just looks etc

Personally think they look mean and do a bit but not substantial difference, as gears moving etc

Sorry if been said but probs tiiiime ago?!

Cheers
    My iTrader:
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=103714

sigpic

Re: Silencers!!

They do change the sound slightly if the inner barrel is not going through it, Mainly just for looks.
    AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

the Marui silencers for the MK23 and Mac 10 work amazingly. the difference is like night and day.
      sigpic

Comment

Agreed on the mk23 haha never heard an Airsoft mac 10 silenced before haha
        My iTrader:

sigpic

Comment

Not really worth it on an AEG or GBB, definitely on a NBB though.
          Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
          Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

Yeah AEG's got the gears moving, GBB's propper slide racking noise so suppose NBB's and snipers are the one haha
            My iTrader:

sigpic

Comment

Thou they do a bit on AEG's mind, just nothing on GBB's haha
              My iTrader:

sigpic

Comment

What is this silencer?

I only know of sound suppressors, which in real life are nowhere near as effective as popular media would have you believe. You'll still hear the action of a real firearm as well as the detonation. Though apparently the real steel Mk23 is pretty damn quiet with a suppressor attached (As claimed by USSOCOM).

Edit, I like the look of suppressors and appreciate they have a place, I'll probably buy one for each of my eventual primaries for the SEAL loadout because it makes sense.
                "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrisianspirit View Post
                  What is this silencer?

I only know of sound suppressors, which in real life are nowhere near as effective as popular media would have you believe. You'll still hear the action of a real firearm as well as the detonation. Though apparently the real steel Mk23 is pretty damn quiet with a suppressor attached (As claimed by USSOCOM).

Edit, I like the look of suppressors and appreciate they have a place, I'll probably buy one for each of my eventual primaries for the SEAL loadout because it makes sense.
                  A silencer is a slang term for suppressor. It really doesn't matter which one you say as everyone knows that guns are not silent.
                  "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

Generally I have found surpressors/silencers pretty effective at hiding longer inner barrels. Not so good at quieting the rifle, bar my Mac 10 and Mk23s as that is a very noticeable change of sound.
                    Generally those guns of mine that do have surpressors only do because its my TM Tracer Unit.

Comment

I think..... No, I know they work! Especially the Laylax ones.

They aren't cheap but I have one on my Sysmtema M4 PTW & one on my Ares SL8 DMR converted sniper rifle and both are extremely effective! ;-)

Comment

Re: Silencers?

In theory they cut high end frequencies meaning the sound coming from your rifle should be lower frequencies which are harder to determine directionality. If it gives you a second more time before they can hear and then see where your shooting from i say yes they are damn effective.

Originally posted by tisane
                        Never heard such a racket, its like taking a hi cap to a rave.

Comment

Originally posted by Christo View Post
                          A silencer is a slang term for suppressor. It really doesn't matter which one you say as everyone knows that guns are not silent.
                          Heh, I know that silencer and suppressor are used interchangeably, it just grates me. Similar to people who use magazine and clip interchangeably. And in the real world guns and firearms (I use guns when talking about airsoft so people know what I'm on about but it frustrates me haha).

Comment

Silencers are illegal, aren't they?

I thought the correct term now is mock suppressor.
                            Originally posted by psirus101
                            I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

Originally posted by MiloXC3 View Post
                              Silencers are illegal, aren't they?

I thought the correct term now is mock suppressor.
                              Suppressors aren't illegal in the UK, if you have a valid reason. Surprisingly for airsoft you don't even need special permission. :p

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DARKWOLF1298 THE LEGEND Find out more about DARKWOLF1298
                              Working...
                              X