Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I stand- Faulty bag has bent my gun

Hi All,

I recently bought an SR-25 assault rifle. So naturally I purchased a bag for it. I don't want to link to the exact bag at the moment. I purchased it on eBay through paypal.

I put the SR-25 in the bag then went down stairs to show the family how much of a snug fit it is and how impressed I am of my new bag (To be fair they couldn't give two monkeys but hey ho). Then, snap goes the strap (Torn at the seam) and my rifle plummets to the floor.

The result is a bent SR-25 It's bent where the RIS meets the body so I'm expected broken hop up system, bent outer, broken RIS, bent inner barrel etc. Oh and less importantly a broken bag.

I've contacted the seller (Unfortunately in Hong Kong) explaining the situation. Where do I stand do you think in terms of compensation for the gun itself? I have pictures etc of it all.

Thanks for any advice,
    Wayne

Re: Where do I stand- Faulty bag has bent my gun

UK? - Pretty easy case for small claims court, as it was clearly not fit for purpose.

HK? - Give it a try, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you.

You should, though, go for a paypal claim on the cost of the bag at the very least.
    sigpic

Comment

All depends if said bag is a real deal one (Blackhawk, 5.11, etc) or a cheep china one.
      If its the first one, I'd say most probley. If the later, then more than likly it would be just for the bag.
      Also, what brand is your SR-25? And the brand and model of the bag?
      Originally posted by Tiercel
      The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Realistically you are going to be lucky to get a refund for the bag, let alone any gun damage.

I'd not get your hopes up if I was you

Comment

I should deffo get the cost of the bag bag, that's a given. It's faulty and under the sales of goods act & long distance purchasing I can claim a full refund. Paypal will also no doubt enforce that if I escalate the claim through them.

Just gutted about the SR If it was just the inner barrel and hop unit I could live with it as I was going to upgrade them anyway lol :/ Maybe I should ask over on moneysupermarket or something they all know the law & sales acts pretty well lol!

On the plus side my gun is now very good as shooting peoples feet

Comment

Just say its a newly released carbine model.
            They will never know.
            Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
            Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

you dont want to contact the seller of the bag, thats just joe blogs, you need to contact the manufacturer of the bag for compensation, its not the sellers fault its faulty.

the seller will refund you the money once youve returned the bag back on the other hand.

Im a manager of a hardware shop and i get no end of people trying it on, saying "i bought this from you it broke and did "this" i want you to pay for the repairs"
              But at the end of the day im not at fault, if i were to get every product out the box and test it every customer would have half a tin of paint or second hand tools..
              and have you checked the small print on the manufacturers website? youll often see such lines as "we take no responsibility to damages caused through use or missuse of the item"

Comment

Badger.... Law states it is the retailer. You are in the wrong not the customers!

Comment

All i have to do is refund or exchange the product, i am not liable for damages caused from an item ive sold.

Comment

Haha no effing chance mate...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk because I'm a bad mother...

Comment

yeh... kick in the teeth, but its not the retailers fault your guns damaged... not fit for purpose, maybe... more likely its just defective, I bet the majority he sells don't fall apart instantly.... you get what you pay for...

Puzzles me when people buy a £10 sling for their £400+ gun... then moan when the thing snaps! the amazing thing is they ALWAYS were "only slowly walking down the path ect" when it happened! not one ever was running with a 4.5kg gun bouncing uncontrollably off his/her back! lol

Comment

Maybe you're right and it's the manufacturers fault.

Buy a swing fom the garden made by ABC, bought by Argos. Swing breaks due to poor product quality and unfortunately you're child brakes his arm. Who do you sue. My guess is ABC... but Argos sold you the item that they have endorsed so they are also to blame. Ah this is complicated :/

Comment

but argos didnt make it nor test every product they sell... look at it this way, you go into waitrose and buy your lunch, youve got half a sandwich and half a bag of crisps to wash it down half a can of coke.. then some happy fat chap whos paid to test it wont give you the squitts

Comment

It is easy, you sue the retailer. It is down to them to take action against the next up the chain & so on.

You should get a refund etc of the retailer... but being based in HK I just can't see it happening!

Comment

Badger, for someone who claims to be a retail manager, you seem to have a very poor knowledge of contract law, the sale and supply of goods and services act, the unfair contract terms regulations and the sale of goods act. The person selling the goods is the person who entered into a legally enforceable contract with the customer, not the manufacturer. The retailer is protected from consequential damage (ie broken gun, kids arm etc) only if it's made clear to the customer before purchase. Once purchased, the contract is in force and it's too late to tell them there are exclusions. If you get sued by a customer because their drill broke and caused them a serious injury, all you can do is pay up and then go after the people you have a contract with - the manufacturer.

BUT, this item was bought from HK, so sale of goods act and distance selling regs make no difference whatsoever. None. Zip. Nada.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Wrcallar Find out more about Wrcallar
                              Working...
                              X