Great hop designs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great hop designs?

In the years that ive been airsofting ive seen quite a few guns come and go. Some great,some just ok. But im wondering whether it is the design of the hop unit itself that would make an ok gun a great gun? Ive had several TM G3SG1's all of which were great and a TM M14 and Aug which were also great. But is it the design of the hop alone that gives these guns exellent range and accuracy?
    As an example,a mate of mine had an SPR with a v2 box and barrel length virtually the same as my G3 but a higher fps by 20 and the G3 out ranged it by miles.So what are your opinions on this?
    sigpic

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and scream and shout!

Re: Great hop designs?

Yes, when throwing tiny pieces of plastic over great distances, the hop unit makes the most difference.

All parts of the gun need to work well, be consistent each cycle and be stable but it all adds up to the moment where the hop unit adds the back spin to the BB. After that the barrel has an effect of stabilising the BB's flight (or not!)

It's really no suprise to hear a higher fps rifle being out-ranged by a lower one.
    Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
    Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

Re: Great hop designs?

Originally posted by Genista View Post

It's really no suprise to hear a higher fps rifle being out-ranged by a lower one.
      No suprise to me,my M14 was totally standard and was hitting low sniper ranges and it was only firing at 270fps.Took a while to get there though
      sigpic

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and scream and shout!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dino68 Started airsofting in 2006 with six mates that i worked with in a warehouse (Unit 9). Mostly played in Bedfordshire but i now play and live in Surrey. Find out more about Dino68
      Working...
      X