Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning a barrel

Hi

Could anyone suggest a good material to use to clean a barrel.

I obviously have a cleaning rod.

Cheers

Re: Cleaning a barrel

Put a Tobacco Rollie filter tip in Passed the hop up, Reassemble the the gun, spray silicone spray down the business end of the barrel, fire the gun. Best way to clean a barrel unless it's caked with mud or something
    "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

thats a good one, but never heard of anyone doing it before .
      or you can use a bit of tissue on the cleaning rod but sometime the tissue breaks up if u use loads of sylicon.
      also the more sylicon u dont get out the less accurate ur gun will be for the first few shots so make sure u only use a bit and double clean with the rod to get as much out as possible.
      Feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...945#post233945

Comment

i do the cigerette thing if im running out of time and it works brilliantly!

but i'v been given an SA80 cleaning kit ( real deal ) and it has a pulling tool .. also been given the cloth too so i just cut a section off.. cover it with silicone grease and pull it through till the barrel is nice and shiny
        chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

Picked it up on this forum a while back, works very well.

Just what ever you do to clean your barrel, don't get silicone in your hop up chamber.
          "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

Comment

Originally posted by Another View Post
            Picked it up on this forum a while back, works very well.

Just what ever you do to clean your barrel, don't get silicone in your hop up chamber.
            Why disassemble the gun? Why not just push the tip down the barrel gently until you feel the hop, then fire?
            HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Because that pushes alot of the dirt down in front of the filter into the hop-up? Thats what I always imagined would happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Devlin View Post
                Why disassemble the gun? Why not just push the tip down the barrel gently until you feel the hop, then fire?
                not too sure on this but wouldnt that shift any dirt in the barrel towards/into the hop?

just a thought so correct me if im wrong

Comment

I have my Old SLR cleaning kit and I use the cloth that you get for cleaning Spectacles with. Cut it into smallish half inch wide strips and because it is lint free there are no cloth or dust particles left behind.
                  Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

I use strips cut from sheets of plenty/bounty. I find it holds together better than other kitchen roll/bog roll.
                    I've never understood the idea of using filters, they may be 6mm but they're going down the barrel at god knows what fps, How can that clean the barrel as well as a cloth on a cleaning rod?

Comment

I use medical swabs no loose fibers

Comment

boun-ty the strongest barrel-cleaner! boun-ty!

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

matthewsmith Find out more about matthewsmith
                        Working...
                        X