Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Advantages, and Disadvantages of Painted guns and yours views on the matter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advantages, and Disadvantages of Painted guns and yours views on the matter.

The title says in all really. I'm curious as to what you believe the advantages and disadvantages of painted weapons are, your opinion on the matter, and do you own any painted weapons? Pictures would be appreciated.

Cheers everyone!

Re: Advantages, and Disadvantages of Painted guns and yours views on the matter.

Way I see it very simple.

Big Pro, can help you blend in better. You wear camo, then a big black gun, ooops, lol.

Big Con, can make a RIF look more like a Action Man gun, oops again, lol.

Comment

Re: Advantages, and Disadvantages of Painted guns and yours views on the matter.

Helps complete a look/lodout
      Better comcealemnt than a plain black(or whatever colour weapon)

Cons:
      Looks tatty if done poorly
      Paint will wear through (though some like that look)
      if uyou decide to sell it it will affect the value of it/make it hrder to sell.

Comment

My personal opinions about it are - if you've got a matt black gun - then how does that camouflage you any less than a camouflaged gun? Surely lighter colours shine/ reflect more? I mainly play woodland and it's surprising how well black works, as a camo, but it's difficult to see the guns anyway. Also consider, that people looking in your direction should only be able to see the barrel of the gun anyway (from the front).

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

I dont do it not for me, Looks good on some weapons and crap on others personal preference really. Sometimes if you want to sell it can be problematic easy to for unmodded bodywork, as whoever buys has a blank canvas. Flipside is if done well someone who wants it will pay the going rate or more to get it. As for why doing it. Camouflage isn't just about spotting a colour, it is also about breaking up the shape of an object, confusing the searcher into thinking it may be pointing somewhere else or even a different type of weapon entirely, (not that important in airsoft but in real world can make a difference)
          Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

It's all about black. Looks nice and new and shiny
            painted often look a bit cheap. And for camouflage, it's unlikely that a black gun will give you away.
            loads of guns for swap/sale...
            please check my sales thread.

looking for upgraded sniper rifles.

Comment

I have a few guns to choose from.I have a DE Dboys SCAR which suits my multicam load out.When looking at pictures it doesn't stand out like a Black gun does.My Multicam M4 does a good job of blending in
              Black rifle with Multicam

Multicammed rifle with Multicam

My overall opinion is that while a Black gun may not make you stand out a camo gun does help conceal you.
              Heaven doesn't want me & hells afraid i'll take over

Comment

painting is good

it breaks up the shape of a gun so it doesnt look like a gun, at a distance
                also if you see a big black gun thing, your gona shoot arnt you
                it helps get the look right for those
                it looks good when done well and it wears off nicely,
                also a good paint job could increase the value of a gun
                if the gun wasnt the perfect colour to start with, ie different shades of black etc it fixes this and makes it look like less of a toy
                i also takes the plasticness away
                Originally posted by Teddykiller
                I have felt this wrath as I like going deep in the bush.

Comment

It all depends on what the hell your wearing, and if its the same gear you wear everytime...

then again you see that two tone 8 miles away, like its been made to attract helicopters off everest.. lol

this aint 'call of duty gun colours' they look wierd, although digital and woodland digital look pretty cool (not all over but rail covers and sights)

BLOOD DRAGON Mk.IV STYLE / RELEASE THE DREMEL

Comment

Pros: looks amazing if done correctly, really suits specific loadouts and helps to camoflague the weapon to some extent

cons: can make the gun look cheaper, can easily be messed up, lowers potential resale value
                    |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

i agree with gaffa, in that the black of a gun can simply be seen as shadow. think about how much black there is when you look through a forest. it's the absence of light. so if your gun doesn't shine or glimmer, then it can often just seem to be another shadow.

but there is no doubting that painted guns can often be better camouflaged, and look incredible. they break up shape and form, and you think 'is he holding a shotgun, or a gspec?' oh sh!t..

i keep my stuff black because it suits anything. it's the sort of wussy way of looking at it, but it's 'safe' to keep your gun a neutral colour. plus, you never know when a black loadout is just around the corner.

alternatively. stickers!! may seem stupid, but it's a safe way of putting colour on your gun in case you change your mind. i know it doesn't cover the whole thing, but it could be done in theory. i liked the look personally - until i got bored and ripped them off..

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

That's the only downside of owning a Multicammed gun,it only looks right with Multicam.None specific camo will work with more types of camo.
                        I have seen camoed SA80s but i'd be horrified to paint mine.
                        Heaven doesn't want me & hells afraid i'll take over

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Utrinque Paratus Find out more about Utrinque Paratus
                        Working...
                        X