Opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions please

Im looking at getting my first rifle and want to know which people think would be better alround, the two ive seen are.

ICS M4 carbine (plastic)
    and
    AGM M4 RIS(full metal)

both are about £130

ive heard good things and bad things about both from this forum and video reviews, but id like to get a real view from you guys.

i have about a £250 budget and if i buy from ZeroOne i need to also consider batteries, charger, Spare Mags,etc.

Many thanks in advance..

Re: Opinions please

ICS are a very realible manufacturer, for both beginners and veterans alike.

Comment

You're not really giving yourself alot of choice there!

There are plenty of options out there for £130.

Are you set on getting an M4? Considered an mp5?

But ICS are a pretty good make, and their M4's do have a excellent reputation.

Comment

Get a tokyo marui m4 there plastic bodies but they will last you for ages.

Comment

Whilst ICS are a good make, what you have there is their "sportline" version of the M4.

Basically it's a cheaply made bad quality gun. It isn't complatible with after market metal bodies and the internals are poorly made and go through no quality control whatsoever. Definately one to avoid.

The AGM M4 however, I've recently had to open up and work on for a teammate. Leaving aside the bad quality grease (which will need gunking out and replacing), the internals were of good quality for such a low cost gun. It was well built and ran fairly smoothly. The metal body was average quality with a very nice finish.

Very nice for a starter gun but may well come out hot. The one I worked on was doing about 420fps before I downgraded it.

Hope this helps.

Comment

the lack of aftermarket parts and lack of quality control, for the ICS do put me off. Plus with the AGM you get a RIS, and metal body.

to answer owainthegreat, i am failry set on an M4, im wanting to have faily realistic load-outs, so to start with im trying to get a good allround rifle, ill eventually get a MP5 when i work on my CQC load-out,

my next question is, what sort of metal would it be on the AGM, is it steel or just a cheap composite.

Also im prob looking at having a metal bodie, id want to upgrade the ics in a year or so, when i can save, - ( had bad experience with plastic parts of weapons before)

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's just a cheap composite but the one I held felt tough enough to stand skirmishing. Bear in mind you're only forking out £130 so you can't really expect steel.

Comment

Ive pretty much decided on the AGM, seen a few more videos, and all in all, it looks the cheaper option in the long run, even a diferant metal body is cheaper than the two seperate parts of the ICS thanks for the comments,. all appreciated.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                X