What type of AK do I have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What type of AK do I have?

Well, to be truthful, Tokyo Marui designed the beta spetsnaz and Infinity Ward naively assumed it was the AKS-74u (which isn't a sub machine gun as it fires a rifle cartridge).

If you designed a gun as small as the Spetsnaz with AK-47 internals then you would blow the gun appart. The gas block isn't long enough to contain the gasses released from the 7.62 round. This is specific to the size of the Beta Spetsnaz. The rifle linked above has a much longer gas block.

The gas has to go somewhere, if there's not enough room then it will simply force itself out of any crack or fault in the gas block. This means your gun will explode like so:

Comment

looks like it could be an AK47 Krinkov.

X-ray

Comment

Lol true I have started lipos but the AK ones only go up to 1800mah witch I don't thing will last me and plus my mosfet and wiring is ing that bit lol

Comment

Your gun is the Tokyo Marui (or clone) AK47 Spetsnaz, you can tell by the fact that the rear sight is still the AK47 style, but the front sight and gas block look like the 74u, and the distance between the gas block and the rear sight is closer than either. However, if your question is, what is this gun in real life, then I think the answer is it doesn't exist, the closest thing there is is the AK-9, which fires the 9x39mm, same cartridge as the AS Val which has significantly lower pressure than the 7.62x39 or 5.45x39.

Here's the AK-9, it has a very similar rear sight and front sight, and as far as the receiver is concerned, most Russian rifles were made so that the dimensions are similar to the original AK47, even when the cartridges are different (hence the length of the brass is 39mm on all of them, maintaining similar magazine dimension therefore magwell, bolt travel length etc are similar)
          Last edited by blobface; 9 April, 2012, 14:18.

Comment

Thanks and no lol I mean in airsoft and it was a mix of 47 and 74u lol

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
            X