magpul pmag mid cap fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magpul pmag mid cap fix

hey guy's just 2 day's ago i got a box of 5 new magpul midcaps and all reddy two of them arnt working! the spring is not comming up to the top!!!!!! i have tride taking the spring out but i don't know how!!! if any one knows a fix pleas pm me or post on this thred thank's
    And Dr. Dre said... nothing you idiots!
    Dr. Dre's dead, he's locked in my basement! HA HA

Re: magpul pmag mid cap fix

Have you tried a bit of silicone spray in them

Comment

Are they genuine magpul pts ones? Sounds like green label to me... (ie crap)
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Green Label Pmags are the ones made by Star I believe and they do seem to be the ones that cause people the most problems and can 'jam' due to the design of the plastic feeding nub that pushes the BB up through the mag. Due to this they need a little more looking after than most clone Pmags. As above try lubing them. Spray some Silicone Spray Lube down inside the feed hole.

1. Use a cleaning rod to push the feed nub down (or whatever you call it ) or you could use something else like a narrow screwdriver, then give it a couple of squirts of silicone spray.
        2. Push the nub up and down a few times then try loading the mag to half capacity, then release the BB's with the little tab on the top aiming them in to a pot and save for later as you will need to rub them around in a bunch of tissue to remove the excess lube and they should be fine to reuse.
        3. Now load to full capacity with some fresh BB's and repeat with tissue later.
        4. Finally fill to full capcity and test fire. I can't guarantee this will work as part of the problem is the actual design of the mag itself but it may help things to move more freely, thus jamming less if not completely.

I have 4 Beta Project Pmags for my G&G M4 bought second-hand on here, lubed them before I ever used them and they seem to feed flawlessly. Obviously they are a slightly different design but lubing mags is something which is all to often over looked.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Comment

well when i pore in bb's they just go lose in the mag and i have tride shoving a unjaming rod down it and it dose nothing

Comment

Ah, I misread your first post, I thought it said you had fixed the sorted that part. You can find Evike maintenance video's on YouTube which say to just give the mags a good firm tap on a hard surface, then press and turn the circular cap on the top, normally has a '80' on or at least some of them do, then remov this and the spring pops up so you can remove it. However, having tried this it is not that simple with the Beta mags at least. Other people have taken a small drill piece and drill, drilled 2 holes on the cap either side of the '80' and both must be level, then take some pin-nose pliers and with both of the 'noses' inserted in to each of the holes, turn anti-clockwise applying moderate pressure. Be careful the spring does not fire out. Then pull it right out, make sure there are no BB's in there, then spray a little lube in.

Make sure the 'nub' is moving freely and spray a little lube on it. Carefully insert the nub/spring back in until the nub appears at the top on the loading hole, then put the '80' cap back on and....job done. You could also try spaying a little more silicone lube as per my previous advise and then load/empty the mag as described, just for good measure but might not be necessary due to the mag having been stripped and lubed anyway. Now load the mag and test it.

The reason the mags jam in the first place is that a BB can sneak between the case of the mag and the spring. The jammed BB prevents the nub feeding up through the mag.

Comment

ok thank's guy's sooo much! my mag's are now fixed!! :D

Comment

Awesome! Glad you got them sorted bud.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dpman Find out more about dpman