Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filming production help

Hello,

my name is Andrew Carpenter (filmmaking student), i am emailing today to gather some information from your company. I am planning to shoot my new short film, (Warfare style) in the next few weeks, The short film is a stylish, high production war film, based around two loan soliders brought closer together from the hardships of war. They are recalled to fight as part as an elite force.

I am writing today to see the possibilities of having my crew/ actors film on your site. no more than 8,we shall need equipment for a small group of terrorist(3 or 4) and a two elite members.

The shoot would be for a day or maybe more depending on weather etc. The budget only covers travel costs unfortunately as its funded by myself.

If the equipment and use a small section of your site, (preferably one building or housing) can be given towards this film i can offer you some advantages for your airsoft company and community.

We research this video to have viral potential, through youtube medium. It would in turn show your company up as being a great place to have fun= exposure= more sales. Online advert on the video credits (your company), youtube description (link) and this video will be circulated via numerous of my contacts, BBC actors, filmmakers and students etc also will be shown at the University of the West of Scotland show reel, Website, my contacts facebooks, forums. Also the video will be linked through youtube channels topping 70k subscribers.

This will give your website and community great advertising!

The main issue i have is getting realistic guns in the uk, i am searching for a site or anyone that will take my crew for a day or two to film.

I pride myself in my quality of work, working with BBC actors, london media companies and so on. If anyone can please get in contact with me via email by the link available under my name

An example of my work can be viewed here
    https://vimeo.com/39410949

I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully start production shortly.

Thanks again

Andrew Carpenter

p.s i have posted this on another forum if members have seen my post just to save confusion

Re: Filming production help

What's your YouTube channel, so I can subscribe?

Your previous work looks great and I look forward to more! Good luck!

P.S. I liked the downhill video, do you mountain bike aswell?
    Originally posted by psirus101
    I once got a player 100+ metres away by just pointing my finger and shouting "PEW PEW PEW". He took his ****ing hit!

Comment

Originally posted by MiloXC3 View Post
      What's your YouTube channel, so I can subscribe?

Your previous work looks great and I look forward to more! Good luck!

P.S. I liked the downhill video, do you mountain bike aswell?
      Thanks for the likes , yes i do love downhill mountain biking its certainly thrilling flying down a mountain :D

Currently i am just on vimeo atm, i have a few youtube accounts but my main work is on vimeo for now

Thanks

Andrew

Comment

Hi Andrew,
        I myself am also involved with the media/film industry.
        I have found that when I need to do filming involving RIFS that I end up going to my regular airsoft site... but it sounds like you are not an airsofter? If that is the case MOST airsoft sites will want some form of payment for using their site and their equipment, which can depending on the sites be about £250 for the day but you would get fee roam to do what you want ALL day. Although saying that newer airsoft sites that want to get their name out there may do you a good deal on the site HIRE fee, either way you will have to pay the site owners some form of fee
        At this time one group of sites springs to mind which is called Elite Action Games (A.K.A EAG) they have various sites of varying styles E.g one is a bunker in the middle of epsom... one of the owners whose name is John Clancy may give you a discount on the site hire fees depending on what you need as one of his sons runs a filming company but I cannot guarantee anything ( I cannot name the filming company due to forum advertising rules)

If you have any questions please PM and I will happily answer them in full

regards,
        X-ray

Comment

Originally posted by x-ray View Post
          Hi Andrew,
          I myself am also involved with the media/film industry.
          I have found that when I need to do filming involving RIFS that I end up going to my regular airsoft site... but it sounds like you are not an airsofter? If that is the case MOST airsoft sites will want some form of payment for using their site and their equipment, which can depending on the sites be about £250 for the day but you would get fee roam to do what you want ALL day. Although saying that newer airsoft sites that want to get their name out there may do you a good deal on the site HIRE fee, either way you will have to pay the site owners some form of fee
          At this time one group of sites springs to mind which is called Elite Action Games (A.K.A EAG) they have various sites of varying styles E.g one is a bunker in the middle of epsom... one of the owners whose name is John Clancy may give you a discount on the site hire fees depending on what you need as one of his sons runs a filming company but I cannot guarantee anything ( I cannot name the filming company due to forum advertising rules)

If you have any questions please PM and I will happily answer them in full

regards,
          X-ray
          Thanks x ray i have dropped you a pm, must say this community really rocks!! think i might have to get into airsoft!!! :p

Andrew

Comment

Happy to help,

X-ray

Comment

What lenses did you use for Long Walk
              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse