KJ Works P226R with Trademarks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KJ Works P226R with Trademarks?

Does anyone know anything about this? Is it a special edition? I saw a thread some chap made on another forum, and he got no answer, so I was just wondering.

Re: KJ Works P226R with Trademarks?

They were made for SigArms, who sell them direct from their website and training school.

They use them for force-on-force training at the SigArms school, as they are almost perfect size and weight.

There are a number of different stories going around as to where the KJW ones on general sale have come from. I've heard that they're an authorised release, some that KJW sold on the sly and even that they were stolen from the factory. Personally, I tend to believe that they were a limited edition release, with SigArms permission, as they're sold by regular KJW dealers.

The only downside to them is that the trades are printed rather than engraved. Having said that, I've got the 229 and the trades are still there, nice and clear, after 3 years of use. They're also rarer than rocking horse do-do.

They're a cracking gun and, if you consider that Sig use them themselves, then they've got to be the pistol equivalent of a PTW!

My 229 (with my wife's Glock 27):
    sigpic

Comment

Dang, now I have to get one! Ahh! I want everything at the moment, lol. Is it possible to get the correct trades engraved?

Do sig still sell them on their site?

Comment

Sig do sell them on their site, but don't sell to the UK.

I got my 229 from a shop in France, I'll PM you a link.

I don't know if you can get the engraving done, but would look really good if you can. Like I said, though, mine's kept the trades on well despite being used in a rigid plastic fobus holster.
        sigpic

Comment

Fantastic, cheers mate.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Utrinque Paratus Find out more about Utrinque Paratus
          Working...
          X