• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Celcius CTW Team Alpha

Wonder if the upper comes with a cylinder as well when its released
    sigpic

Comment

That would bump the price up considerably if they are selling just an upper.

To maximise sales they would be best off selling an upper with the 6.00mm barrel and hop unit. Would reduce the price considerably.

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Just a word of warning guys, although Marcus's findings and hop mods, including his redesign of the entire unit are outstanding to say the least, be aware that modifying your ctw invalidates your warranty! (those that have bothered to fill it in!) sorry, but STTS asked me to point this out as someones already asked stts via email if gluing their hop will effect their future claims... which it will! lol

(Disclaimer... Marcus knows what he is doing! and not only has the skills to do so, but the tools and the know how too! Kids, please do not try this at home! Esp YOU Joe90! )

Comment

Dang, looks like I'll have to take a trip up to have a look why I'm only getting 290 fps and no hop effect.
          . .

Comment

Sorry Guys, I thought that gluing the roller was something that celcius did, as it was already done on my earlier Mx2 and something they had forgot to do on the Team Alpha !

Comment

• Got my mx2 cqb a couple of months back along with 5 o the vanras tan p-mag type mags.

Have done the glue hop mod and I have to say I'm very impressed , I have used it in the rain with no il effects. The hop is taking a while to bed in but I'm not puttin a great deal of ammo through it.
              I do have say that the recommended battery is to much , 11.1 , 2400mh
              Great on semi but on auto it's to fast and I'm shattering bb's.

I think it would have more range with a slightly bigger barrel though.

But over all well impressed.
              Lastchancers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by madwelshman View Post
                Just a word of warning guys, although Marcus's findings and hop mods, including his redesign of the entire unit are outstanding to say the least, be aware that modifying your ctw invalidates your warranty! (those that have bothered to fill it in!) sorry, but STTS asked me to point this out as someones already asked stts via email if gluing their hop will effect their future claims... which it will! lol

(Disclaimer... Marcus knows what he is doing! and not only has the skills to do so, but the tools and the know how too! Kids, please do not try this at home! Esp YOU Joe90! )
                Can i point out that the former owner of my ctw is the person who bodged it and not me lol !
                sigpic

Comment

Is there anyone offering moisture proofing of the ECU yet?

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

TBH Marcus, I believe it was a thing the last "wave" of celcius staff did... it has been addressed with STTS as we did notice the lack of glue in the alphas... awaiting a response from celcius on it...

But as the retailer, we can't be seen to be condoning modifications, due to the warranties... though it is startling to see how many haven't bothered to send theirs off! lol

Comment

I sent mine off! :P

Comment

Originally posted by CK View Post
                        Is there anyone offering moisture proofing of the ECU yet?
                        This is something you can do yourself only takes a few minutes
                        G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Care to explain how?

Also: Madwelshman, will moisture proofing void warranties?

Comment

moisture proofing comes in a can from electronics shops such as Maplin.

It is a lacquer that coats the electronics, kinda like spray on nail varnish. Nail varnish would probably do the job too.

I have never used either on an airsoft gun, but the techies at work spray that crap over components for Challenger Tanks and the like. Simply remove what you want to spray or mask off what you dont want to spray and pretend you are holding shiny Krylon in your hand. It dries within minutes. A couple of coats and Bob is your aunties live-in lover.

Comment

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the technical section? There's no news here. With the exception of first few posts, it's mainly all about technical problems, issues, solutions, tips and work-around approaches. All very useful stuff if you have or are considering purchasing a CTW and fixing any problems with it.
                              Drop'm out with a low cap and save the environment.

Comment

Had been toying around with moving it for the last few days, whilst it does contain tech info it also includes news, i.e. HK416 release, STTS warranty freebies etc.

Anyway, I've been swayed by someone else voicing the same opinion, moved to tech.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

loki7491 Find out more about loki7491
                                Working...
                                X