This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warnings for stupid offers.

Ok, i appreciate that some forum members are new to Airsoft, and that they may not know better.
    However, having ridiculous offer for high end kit is a right royal pain in the plums.
    'I offer you £100 for this gun' for an AEG posted for sale at £280 deserved a boot to the nether regions.
    Rant over.
    Ratty
    Trader Feedback.
    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Re: Warnings for stupid offers.

It's very annoying, indeed. Seems to be happening LOADS recently. Last night somebody posted up £25 offer for a GBB glock listed at £75. £100 for a PSG-1 listed at £180 too. They are just off the top of my head!

I'm sure we can't have a 'stupid offer' rule, as it's impossible to say where stupid ends, and cheeky starts.

What we should have is that you have to PM offers to seller. Half the bumps in the sales section are now offers for half the asking price, that nobody else needs to see!

I really don't get the thinking of some people. If you want to buy an item for less than asking price, surly the last thing you want to do is bump it too the top, and increase the chances of somebody else making a better offer!!

Comment

It is alas a free world and paeople can and do what they alike as stupid as it seems to you or me. Annoying as it is stupid offers and posts get ignored - do we really need more sales rules and the mods doing more work?

Comment

I agree that it can't be upheld as a rule, as i also agree that PM's should be the way to make an offer.
        I'll admit that i have offered less than the posted price, but only a small percentage, ands always via PM.

Saw the PSG1 offer, make me cringe.
        ratty
        Trader Feedback.
        http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16017

Yorkshire Players Forum.
        http://www.zeroin.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=110

Comment

dont ask dont get i guess is the thinking here by the looks of things .

but i think the people making the offers should put themselves in the sellers shoes and think if i was selling this gun or piece of kit would i let it go for the silly offer i have put in .

i know a lot of the younger players are on a budget when it comes to playing airsoft and are doing rubbish jobs for not a lot of cash . but the fact remains some of these aegs etc that are up for sale have had lots of cash spent on them with upgrades and add ons etc . and this cash was paid out by some one who would like to get as close to possible back . there are still bargains to be had but just be bit more diplomatic with the offers

Comment

I agree,while we all want a bargain some offers are unbelievable and take the p***s.

Another thing i see which bugs me is when a seller clearly puts in their ad-STRICTLY NO TRADES OR SPLITS yet you see post after post will you swap for an XXXXX or how much for the XXXXXX etc.

Comment

oh it is annoying! more so when you have just bumped your own sale and 30 seconds later it's replaced by someone saying "would you take £££ all in?" on another sale. One that did make me laugh was on mj23lj's m4 sale, guy sed "let me know when you get down to 100 and I'll take it", what amused me was that he seamd to think it was a good bid on a £500 gun.
              Gangsta lean, it's not all bad...

Comment

This is annoying but the same could be said for people asking too much for there stuff, although that doesn't happen anywhere near as much as people bidding stupid prices for things.

My feed back
                http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9280

Comment

I was offered £110 for an AEG worth about £540 new. Then he kept PMing me about it
                  It is very annoying, but sometimes just sending the guy/gal a quiet PM explaining the worth of it makes them see the error of their ways, sometimes not...

Comment

Another pointless rant, if they don't make a reasonable offer don't reply.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

tend to find alot of people want something for nothing and they hold out to see if the seller reduces the price before they put a bid in it happens on all the forums, i put up 5 top end radios 3 that where new and 2 that where 2 months old all came with extra bits, the whole package cost me over £750+ and i was selling them for £300 the lot, you should of seen some of the silly offers i was given, in the end i just withdrew the items and taken them to site and have sold them for more then i offered on here.
                      Trader Feedback

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=39650

Comment

Just post "No" to the offer if they continue to push it then report it, I have already pulled and warned someone today for doing it.

Any post asking for splits or swaps, when it is not mentioned in the OP will be deleted, and warned, as stated in the Classified rules.

and hopefully wiped out completly on activation of the mandatory sales template

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ratty1968 Find out more about ratty1968
                        Working...
                        X