You can but only laugh.... or cry ='(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can but only laugh.... or cry ='(

Let me tell you a tale of mystery and... ok ill shut up on that..

The other day i decided to crack out my old AK47 spetsnaz and give it an overhall. this involved a complete strip and sand down as it was currently painted in a woodland camo paint job (but i now want it for urban) soo i started sanding, making sure i did a good job as i didnt want it to look like an ex 2 tone if/when it gets scratched.

After spending hours airbrushing on an undercoat, and then finishing the job with a can of krylon, i set about rebuilding.

Then got to putting the gearbox in and thought "hey ive got some systema gears and bearings that would go well with a turbo motor i have laying about"
    after fitting the gears and shimming it to an inch (or nano mm) of its life and even giving the gear box a new piston, i was just closing the case up, when i heard a crack.... thinking nothing of it other than the spring compressing... "BANG" the gear box snaps in half down the middle, and the spring flys out, narrowly missing my workshop monitor...
    I walked out my work shop.. locked the door and said... f%&%&%& %&%&&% %&%&%&%& %&%&!!!!
    God knows what make the gun is, i got it about 7 years ago when i first started airsofting, and it has no brand makings..
    Sooo now my free project is going to cost me money

Re: You can but only laugh.... or cry ='(

To be honest 7 years is good for a pot metal gearbox... My TM MP5 gearbox lasted me 6 years before splitting in two

Comment

Trying to put my p90 gearbox back together, got to the tricky stage of compressing the spring (duno which but upgraded) it broke ranks and spat the spring guide out the bum of the gearbox, it glanced off my macbook pro laptop screen ... that fraction of a second when you think it's smashed it. D:

also cracked my TM version two gearbox ... sad times.

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Comment

have always been bit fearful of gearboxes on aeg's - guess i know why now - bad luck chap

shev

Comment

This is why I always use a thin screwdriver through the spring guide, firstly to use as a lever to hold it in place and secondly to weigh the whole lot down if something does fly free.

I always have a much bigger fight with trigger springs...

Comment

Thank the Airsoft gods for quick change and adjustable FPS springs

Comment

yeah, m249 boxes are a breeze as spring comes out with click of a switch.
              hoping to get a new gear box case asap, so i can move onto my m4 cqb project!

Comment

Ares quick change gearboxes FTW
                Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express
                King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

non return latches ... FFFFFFFFUUUUUU they are evil! EVIL!

just pushing the gearbox back together then ... CLICK... RAAAAGE lol

Comment

K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

Originally posted by bobfish View Post
                      non return latches ... FFFFFFFFUUUUUU they are evil! EVIL!

just pushing the gearbox back together then ... CLICK... RAAAAGE lol
                      Rare earth magnets - the type they use for wargaming models to allow quick changing of weapons etc, holds the damn things in place perfect! Spent years battling with them till someone gave me that really simple tip..

Comment

Originally posted by dfrear View Post
                        Rare earth magnets - the type they use for wargaming models to allow quick changing of weapons etc, holds the damn things in place perfect! Spent years battling with them till someone gave me that really simple tip..
                        What is this sorcery!?

you are a genius! I am considering taking one apart now to try it! thank you

Comment

i have a neodenium magnet i use to open one of my m4s dust cover as its a sprung shut kind. i shall give that a try!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by badger906 View Post
                            i have a neodenium magnet i use to open one of my m4s dust cover as its a sprung shut kind. i shall give that a try!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
                            post results plz

Comment

Originally posted by dfrear View Post

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUU....uuu...uuu...uu....

Why did I not think of that? WHY!?

Thank you. The bizarre bond between games workshop and airsoft grows yet stronger.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

badger906 Find out more about badger906
                              Working...
                              X