ww2 snipers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ww2 snipers?

for my sniper airsoft look i am basically sorted but one problem, what would thier clothing be? would they have mostly worn a guillie suit, hooded poncho, nothing. Or what, what would they have worn?

Re: ww2 snipers?

um...not a very clear question mate?? Are you asking what ww2 snipers wore?!

Comment

depends on what nationality they were or field of operations. It really wouldnt be very practical doing a Afrika Korps Sniper loadout if your planning on playing woodland.

Personally i'd go for a russian style hooded poncho. looks the mutts just check out the film "enemy at the gates" and that will give you an idea of both russian and german.

Comment

The German camouflage is flecktarn if that helps?

Comment

yer he right what theatre and which army?
          as seen on "enemy at the gates" (which is an ace film and i highly reckomend for all you snipers out there) the german sniper seems to wear his normal dress uniform and just a grey sort of poncho. the russian however has a hooded poncho with bits of cloth like a ghillie. remember they are in an urban environment that has pretty much been blown up so it is easier for them to blend in

i if i were you i would look on youtube and see what you can find about ww2 snipers because there is bound to be something!

Comment

i found this
            i know this is of a model box but they are normally always right!
            russianhttp://www.udisco.com/hobbies/pics/003597.jpg
            german http://www.udisco.com/hobbies/pics/003595.jpg

Comment

Snipers from WWII would pretty much wear whatever they wanted. Every now and again you'd get a full on ghille suit but they weren't all that common, they've been used since before WWI but their use never really caught on that much until later despite having been invented by the scottish Gihlles or gamekeepers many years before.

I would go about it like this...

1. Decide upon your nationality, be it, Russian, German, Brittish... Whatever

2. Get hold of a basic uniform for your chosen force.

3. Get hold of as little webbing as you need, a belt with a holster and a single ammo pouch should do you if you only need to carry somthing the size of VSR mags or simmilar.

4. Get hold of whatever cammoflage items your country of choice was using, a Dennison for the Brittish, one of the many varried camo smocks issued to the germans, ect. You might also try a poncho or rain cape too, a german Zelt would work well, as would it's Brittish and Russian counterparts.

Essentially, you just have to dress yourself like a raggedy arsed hunter from the 1940s. Keep that in mind and you won't go far wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by M15assassin View Post
                depends on what nationality they were or field of operations. It really wouldnt be very practical doing a Afrika Korps Sniper loadout if your planning on playing woodland.

Personally i'd go for a russian style hooded poncho. looks the mutts just check out the film "enemy at the gates" and that will give you an idea of both russian and german.
                m15 i notice ur form basingstoke
                where do u skirmish?

Comment

Sniping in the ww2 era was still largely an ignored art by commanders. It was officially not important. It only became standardised in practice within western armed forces by Vietnam with the USMC's sniper schools.
                  WW2 snipers tended to wear the uniform of thier nationality, dependant on theatre, with either a cloak, or swapping out the helmet for a watchcap/ other headgear/none, its very freeform, take your ww2 infantry gear, and make it work for sniping while keeping somewhere near that armys regs and you have what was used.
                  Hope this helps

Comment

[QUOTE=sniperiain;92895]yer he right what theatre and which army?
                    as seen on "enemy at the gates" (which is an ace film and i highly reckomend for all you snipers out there) the german sniper seems to wear his normal dress uniform and just a grey sort of poncho. QUOTE]

what about all the camo patterns the germans used in ww2 ?

splinter patterns, oakleaf, peadot, plane tree paterns, palm tree & clump

shall i go on ?
                    Phil

Paypal Registerd

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Thinker341 Retro guns, Retro combats, RETRO! :D Find out more about Thinker341
                    Working...
                    X