G&G GR25 vs Classic Army SR25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G GR25 vs Classic Army SR25

As above, just looking for peoples opions on which will make the best DMR.

Heard great things about the GR25 but with the SR25 using an elongated gearbox (thereby pushing more air) wouldn't it perform better???

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Kind regards

Steve

Don't know if this helps or not, but I was looking at the GR25 at my local shop and I wasn't that impressed. I went there specifically to buy it and really didn't want to be disappointed but there you have it.
    Main points:
    1. Magazine is G&G type only.
    This is a real pain, I've just finished modifying my G&G EBR so it can take marui mags but it wasn't an easy process! The new Magpul SR25 mags are gorgeous and you'll want to use them but won't be able to...
    2. The magazine catch was pathetic.
    you could pull out the mag with ease without touching the release!
    3. Lots of wobble between RIS and receiver.
    4. Slightly "tacky" trades?

At the end of the day this could have just been the one "lemon", but the gun had only been on display for a very short time so it want ware and tear.
    Also the mag problem will never go away. It might be just me, but using a hi-cap in a gun like this is just embarrassing.

I think an upgraded A&K would work out better? That's just my bit of advice. You hardly ever see CA over here in Japan so can't comment on that I'm afraid.
    The ARES one on the other hand is blooming beautiful!
    Good luck with your project

Comment

Those magpul mags dont feed in the CA either.

---
      I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?tv2kyh
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Re: G&G GR25 vs Classic Army SR25

This is going to basic, ive had three CA-25s and they have all shredded the gearbox which is a nightmare for parts and to get it fixed also i found all mine fired hot. I then waited and purchased the GR-25 which ive not really had a problem with it since i have owned it its range and accuracy is fantastic.
        Dont take this as gospel as im no expert but its my experience.
        Regards
        Seb

Comment

Re: G&G GR25 vs Classic Army SR25

Thanks guys

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Steveuknotts Not finished it yet! lol Find out more about Steveuknotts
          Working...
          X