lipo battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: lipo battery

the c rating and milliamp rating do not damage guns only the voltage does this.
    if a battery can output 30amps , it doesnt mean it does all the time, the motor only draws what it requires .
    a lipo battery with a lowish milliamp rating requires a high c rating i.e 20-30 c so it output the correct ampage as the gun requires.
    if the gun is uprated and draws high current from a underrated lipo it will damage it and possibly cause it to explode at worst.
    high c and milliamp rating just means the battery can supply a higher current for longer ,so last longer which is what lipos are designed for
    m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

As a rough safety guide, don't use 11.1v LiPos on anything other than semi automatic weapons...ie something like a Star/Ares L1A1 (SLR), which is only single shot is OK with an 11.1v LiPo.
      Don't use 11.1v on full auto weapons like an M4, because unless your gearbox is massively upgraded, you will have problems.
      For full auto weapons, stick to a 7.4v.......These will still run a fast ROF because of the way the battery voltage is maintained (often more constant than the drops that can occur in a 9.6v NiMh).
      If you can PM me the details of your M4, perhaps I can advise you further.
      As indicated earlier the mAh of the battery is really an indicator of how long it may last before it needs recharging....It's the continuous output which will increase your motor speed and hence ROF.
      Hope this helps a little.
      Happiness is a state of mind. It therefore follows that the source of happiness must lay within the mind.

Comment

Dr Mike can you qualify your observations with the li pos and damage. I have been running my Army armaments SA80 and King Arms SLR on 11.1v 4600 3c 1s 20C discharge rate lipos for around 3 months now and not had a problem at all. Not saying you are doing it but there is far too much scaremongering about lipos flying around on various forums. Airsoft Lipos are not big at all. One of the main reasons for using on RC models is their small size and light weight in comparison to their battery capacity and power. Combined with brushless motors and Li Pos my Rc planes are awesome performers. Li pos are ideally suited to guns like the m4 and other crane stock an small type batteries simply because of their small size and superior power and capacity
        Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cplwest Find out more about cplwest
        Working...
        X