Paintball gas for airsoft.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paintball gas for airsoft.

I am guessing it's not possible or it would have been done already, but ...

What is the pressure inside a co2 canister for paintball? how does that equate to propane and 12g co2 bulbs?
    would it be possible to use a paintball gas tank for airsoft if you converted it into the small adaptor type? (also what are the gas valves we use in airsoft called?)

I am thinking that it would be so much cheaper to use paintball gas rather than buying tons of airsoft gas, (as after half the can has gone it's practically useless I find)

so is this possible?

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Re: Paintball gas for airsoft.

The only way it could work is by using external c02/air rigs which is basically classic airsoft guns.

Comment

Iirc Paintball Markers use compressed Air in Cylinders not CO2 and it's pressurised to around 200Bar (2,800Psi) so not suitable for Airsoft.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnno View Post
        Iirc Paintball Markers use compressed Air in Cylinders not CO2 and it's pressuerised to around 200Bar (2,800Psi) so not suitable for Airsoft.
        ahh ... well that answers that question as the 12g co2 capsule is only 850psi I am guessing that the compressed air would throw the slide into your face. and put the bb through someone else's goggles.

silly idea... won't even attempt

Comment

I'm not saying it's impossible just don't try with a fully charged Paintball Cylinder LOL

Comment

compressed air and c02 will work fine as long as you regulate the pressure and deliver it consistenly. The only effective way you can do that at the moment is with an external rig.

Comment

I wonder what pressure is in a Soda Stream Cylinder or the propellent in a Water Extinguisher (not a CO2 Extinguisher) ??? Could be a project for someone with the technicals.

Comment

Originally posted by Barny Hamon View Post
                compressed air and c02 will work fine as long as you regulate the pressure and deliver it consistenly. The only effective way you can do that at the moment is with an external rig.
                that's fair enough ... I don't want to run around like fireman sam though. So that's this idea out the window :P
                erm I did see something about a mag that plugs directly into a gas source with an air hose but again I can't be doing with that.

as for johnno's point I don't think i could take the embarrassment of pulling out a soda stream in the middle of the safe zone

also fixed that for you:

Originally posted by Johnno View Post
                Could be a project for someone with the time/money/nothing better to do.

Comment

LOL

Comment

In answer to this question:

Originally posted by bobfish View Post
                    would it be possible to use a paintball gas tank for airsoft [...] I am thinking that it would be so much cheaper to use paintball gas rather than buying tons of airsoft gas [...] so is this possible
                    YES, it is entirely possible. Paintball tanks are USUALLY filled with CO2, but may alternatively filled with HPA. These must fitted with a regulator and hose feeding gas directly into the gun (or, in reversible installations, into the individual magazines). This is, as Barny Hamon says;

Originally posted by Barny Hamon View Post
                    The only way it could work is by using external c02/air rigs which is basically classic airsoft guns.
                    ...exactly how classic airsoft guns work. If you don't want an external rig...

Originally posted by bobfish View Post
                    that's fair enough ... I don't want to run around like fireman sam though. So that's this idea out the window :P
                    ...your best bet to get your 'airsoft gas' (propane, I assume) cheap is to to buy it in multi-litre cylinders, like B&Q rent for BBQs. This is much, MUCH cheaper, and requires only some adapters and a bit of tube.

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
                      In answer to this question:

YES, it is entirely possible. Paintball tanks are USUALLY filled with CO2, but may alternatively filled with HPA. These must fitted with a regulator and hose feeding gas directly into the gun (or, in reversible installations, into the individual magazines). This is, as Barny Hamon says;

...exactly how classic airsoft guns work. If you don't want an external rig...

...your best bet to get your 'airsoft gas' (propane, I assume) cheap is to to buy it in multi-litre cylinders, like B&Q rent for BBQs. This is much, MUCH cheaper, and requires only some adapters and a bit of tube.
                      this is brilliant thanks :D
                      erm and what adapters and tube do I need? (sorry to do the spoon feed me face) but I have been googling and can't find anything.

so what adaptors would it require?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bobfish Find out more about bobfish
                      Working...
                      X