Sportline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sportline?

I've had a CA Sportline M15A4 for 4 years now...no problems with it at all. The body was good and the internals were good too - I broke one gear about a year ago which isn't bad at all. The only big difference between that and my TM M14 Socom (Other than aesthetics, magazine etc) was the FPS - the sportline ran a little hot so I had to change the spring but the FPS has held steady since then - pretty much precisely 340fps. The hop is a little worse too, but not by that much.

Comment

I own 2 ICS Sportline rifles and both are brilliant. The 2 differences (and these are the only 2 having compared them side by side, internally and externally) are that Sportline models have an ABS (earlier models) or nylon fibre (newest batches) body and an ICS Infinite motor. Proline models have a metal body and a Turbo3000 motor. The gears, pistons, springs, hop units etc... are all the same. And to be honest, unless you're running a silly high rate of fire, you won't notice the difference between the 2 motors. The Infinite is slightly quieter though, it has to be said!

Classic Army seem to have 3 model types from what I've seen. They do a Sportline (plastic body), Sportline with a metal body and a proline. Presumably the CA models have different internals to justify the 3 different pricetags. I looked at the 3 at last years Airsoft Arms Fair... a CA Sportline LWRC6 with a metal body for £165 was very tempting...
      The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Some Sportlines, the CA ones for example, have other cost cutting measures than just plastic bodies. Some have rougher finished inner barrels, Phillips and flat head screws in place or Allen ones, stiffer and easier to make hop rubbers, a rougher looking magazine and some cheaper motors or gears (like the ICS Infinity style one).

If you want a reliable cheap gun, get an ICS Sportline, replace the motor and knock the FPS down to 290-300, put a better hop in it and it will go for ages until natural wear and tear kicks in. The rest are things that will only need changing when they break and the hop is fine if you know how to play right and not assume the role of sit at the back and shoot.

'FireKnife'
        68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
        Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Go for the g&g combat machine mp5 130 quid , blowback , good range and pretty accurate and u can get a years warranty on it if u look about , my friend brought his son one and the finish and build are really good on it

Comment

Sportline ICS guns come with the greatly inferior motor compared to the proline Turbo 3K.

Cheaper usually because they use cheaper parts. Simples.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TeamRenegade Find out more about TeamRenegade
            Working...
            X