Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Will real steel AK wood furniture fit an AEG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will real steel AK wood furniture fit an AEG?

I've got a G&P metal kitted AKMS AEG but the wood kit on it is the AK47 style (without the ridge on the foregrip). It doesn't look right, so I'm looking for a plum or black pistol grip (which I know I'll need an airsoft type for due to the motor size) and I'm also after an AKM wood foregrip.

I know I can get both in from HK for about £20, but I'd rather a nicer looking foregrip than cheap ACM wood if I can get one. A guy is offering me a real steel AKM/AK74 foregrip, which I'm tempted by, but I want to know whether it will fit an AEG easy enough?

Thanks in advance.
    102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Re: Will real steel AK wood furniture fit an AEG?

It should do, probably with a little bit of trimming.

Comment

I agree with Panoptes it may take some minor filing but that is about it, you’ll be able to pick up genuine AK wood parts on the Bay or Soviet retailers.

Comment

I've not seen a G&P kit that has the folding stock of the AKMS. Are you sure it's not a G&G AKMS?

If it's the G&G AKMS then it takes a little modification to fit the lower front hand guard but nothing too difficult. (basically use a stanley knife to thin the wooden block that fits inside the front of the metal receiver).
        If you have a metal bodies G&P AK then things are slightly different. The lower hand guard block that fits inside the metal receiver is way to big and you need to use the original hand guard as a template to cut/saw the block to the correct size. to give you an idea the block starts out at about 35mm by 20mm and you need to make it 15mm by 6mm roughly.

The reason for all this is that the G&G, LCT, VFC etc Ak's use the same system as the real thing where as the TM/G&P/early CYMA etc use something unique to them.

The ACM wooden kits will fir in the G&P receiver but they look a bit pants unless you strip them down and restain them.
        Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

It was sold to me as TM internals with a G&P metal kit on it. The internals are TM, so I'm going to assume the other part was honest too.

Rather than having to cut it down if it is a G&P and that much too big, will a hell of a lot of filing/sanding get it done?

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

You know, the more I think about it the more I think you might be right Jebus. I can't see G&P AKMS bodies anywhere and I'm starting to have a vague recollection that it#s the AK47-style wood kit on there that's G&P. Now I have no idea what the receiver is...

Still the general feeling seems to be: 'real steel should fit but may need a bit of tinkering.'

Comment

yes real AK wood kits will if a aeg , i've done it, the only part that would not work it the pistol grip, everything else is is able to be modified to fit. it takes time and a some good wood work skills.
              The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

Dremel FTW

Comment

hopefully this link works.

http://www.airsoftkb.com/?p=1036
                  The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Longshot Find out more about Longshot
                  Working...
                  X