• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soneones selling a lot of sorbo pads and has just bumped his thread
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Re: Sorbo in a Boltie?

I've dropped him a PM to see how thick it is, in comparison to sheets on sale on eBay.
      King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
      https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
      www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

mate, why dont you go and buy a set or sorbo vibration insoles from sport shops .....

they are £4 a pack, cut to size, glue onto the standard brass cylinder head and hey presto

also the laylax tapered version can have a thin ring of sorbo installed, but make sure that it tapers down with the cylinder head so the flow of air is still smooth

used it on every vsr and l96 i've ever owned or upgraded, then an over barrel silecer with wool, and spiral drilled pvc tube, it is near silent

Comment

Care to share a link as to where these £4 sorbothane pads can be found? Cheapest insoles I can find locally are about £15 and they're not an even surface.

Comment

Ditto the above
            www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

3x150x150mm sorbothane sheeting can be found at the cheap price of £14 posted from Ebay... Fancy going halves crasstoe? Lol

Comment

If you hold off for 2 weeks then no reason why not

Alternatively if you get it I'll happily pay for half in 2 weeks.
                www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

With my old vsr i had the laylax dampener pads on the piston.
                  The cylinder head i had wasnt tapered,so i did it myself.But I left a smal flat edge at the top and made a channel for a very think o-ring to be glued into(it was the exact same diameter as the cylinder head, but about twice the thickness of the piston o-ring)
                  this did reduce my fps abit but made it alot quieter,it reduced it by about 35fps before i tinkered some more.
                  Also make sure that the piston/cylinder and hop/barrel all have 100% compresion this reduces the noise.
                  With all that i was still hitting 486 +/- 2 with a sp150 and barrel from a tm advanced hopunit(430 6.04 i think it is) with a pdi 6.01 430mm it was hitting 532 +/- 2
                  user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

crasstoe Chris, 23, White, Male, 5'7 Find out more about crasstoe
                  Working...
                  X