• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T5 NFDD questions

just after some info in these as cant find it on their site,
    how long is the delay?
    more reliable than dynatec bfg?
    noise level? as in more than mk3, mk5 ect.
    and has anyone had issues with any sites not letting people use them?

Re: T5 NFDD questions

Had one when I worked for TLSFx. They're a pretty robust unit being machined out of aluminium. It's best to have a couple of head units made up so you can quickly screw new units into place. They're a bit louder than a mark 5 but not as loud as a 9mm blank (I think). I didn't have any issues with sites letting me use it as long as you follow the rules for bfgs i.e. no throwing over arm, needs to be posted through windows etc.
    Can't say I've seen very many of them though, they might not be doing a run of them if it's not on their webpage.

Comment

I thought they were more expensive and more Hassel to run than a BFG. Iv never seen an unreliable BFG. Bar the ones where the timing is worn and they go off instantly!

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

pros

cheaper than a bfg to buy
        looks more like a real world distraction device
        fits in more grenade specific pouches than a bfg

cons

more expensive to run long term than a bfg
        more chance of losing parts during use

Comment

Add the Con, total pain in the arse to reload too lol

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

They do involve unscrewing the base cap and sticking another sound unit in- essentially the same as what goes inside the thunderflashes and ball grenades they make. During testing I managed to fully reload one in under a minute but it's not something to be done when being shot at or under pressure since you have to also reload a percussion cap into the lever assembly. Hence why I suggested having another lever assembly you can quickly swap out with.
            I think the thing with them is that they had a plethora of spare parts available. Whether that is still the case or not, I'm not sure.

Comment

thanks for all the info. im thinking of getting one because finding a new bfg is like rocking horse ....
              is the delay more realiable because of the percussion cap ?
              on the other hand, if anyone has a decent bfg going hit me up lol

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

andyt2005 Find out more about andyt2005
              Working...
              X