Two tone paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two tone paint

Ok so if this needs to be moved please do so.....

So I'm looking to sell one of my babies but wondered what the best paint to use is to two tone if it's required....

Something that sticks like sh&t to a blanket that can't be just picked off

Please keep flaming to a minimum lol

Re: Two tone paint

thats like dying your childs hair ginger and then putting it up for adoption!!

simple rule.. dont 2 tone it.. just ruins a gun, and then if you get any grief from said non registered "n00b" and you have to take return of your "baby" its still ginger... lol

Comment

Depends on what kind of material the gun is made of and what colour it is. Personally, I think your best best is (presuming the gun is made of metal and black) to rub it down with a scrubbing block or similar to roughen the surface, then lay down an etch primer followed by a couple of coats of hobby spray paint. That should be plenty strong and should look good, too (yes, there are good two-tones as well as bad two-tones).

Originally posted by badger906 View Post
      simple rule.. dont 2 tone it.. just ruins a gun, and then if you get any grief from said non registered "n00b" and you have to take return of your "baby" its still ginger... lol
      Er - if the buyer complains, it's the seller that's broken the law (being liable also for civil breach of contract). Don't f*** about.

Comment

Very valid point.... F£&k em get ukara lol

Comment

It's a ump so it's got that "rubberised" paint deal going on so thinking about it it's just a poor idea and I shall keep them all like a gun obsessed fagin lol

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
            Depends on what kind of material the gun is made of and what colour it is. Personally, I think your best best is (presuming the gun is made of metal and black) to rub it down with a scrubbing block or similar to roughen the surface, then lay down an etch primer followed by a couple of coats of hobby spray paint. That should be plenty strong and should look good, too (yes, there are good two-tones as well as bad two-tones).

Er - if the buyer complains, it's the seller that's broken the law (being liable also for civil breach of contract). Don't f*** about.
            with 400ml cans of paint being about £8 these days (they are in my shop) id rather lower the price by £16 to a ukara member than spend that ruining a gun!

Comment

With the way things are just now, well done for even thinking about it and not just ignoring having to TT a gun and also for generally thinking about who you selling to so major kudos there!

As ever should a member contact you without a defense send a message my way or report any dodgy Pm and we will sort them out
              Last edited by blytm; 16 May, 2012, 00:51.

Comment

Just raise the price by £16 to sell it to a non-UKARA member.

Personally, I think an ACTUAL good idea for this forum would be for someone to sell two-tone guns (decent ones) for two month periods, with the buyer then selling them back if they're in a decent condition. Say they're G&G Combat Machines - sell them for £130, buy them back for £80 if in acceptable condition. The seller makes £50 on every 'loan' (paying for the gun in three loans), the buyer saves £85 over renting every time (using The Mall as an example).

That way those without a defence could have a gun for cheaper than renting for the first three skirmishes, and wouldn't be stuck with a two-toned gun at the end of it.

Comment

Originally posted by blytm View Post
                  With the way things are just now, well done for even thinking about it and not just ignoring having to TT a gun and also for generally thinking about who you selling to so major kudos there!

As ever should a member contact you with a defense send a message my way or report any dodgy Pm and we will sort them out
                  I got my pooch screwed when I started a few months ago on my defection from paint balling with people willing to bend the rules for a buck I know the dangers (we all remember pj n Duncan on byker grove) and living in London I would prefer my door not to get a love tap from so19 and ruining my beauty sleep for essentially arms dealing lol

Comment

Yup we all remember http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXeMontXSTI << for anyone that doesnt.

Comment

Pj nooooooooooooooo

Comment

Lol But yeah, well done for at least thinking about TT'ing a gun rather than others who sell without checking the other user and only think about ££.

Comment

That vid has just given me a Vietnam style flashback .... I'm gonna be at twa Saturday playing in my pants looking for Charlie in the trees

Comment

Originally posted by Lockesley View Post
                            It's a ump so it's got that "rubberised" paint deal going on so thinking about it it's just a poor idea and I shall keep them all like a gun obsessed fagin lol
                            Meant to like not dislike

Comment

Originally posted by I love Airsoft View Post
                              Meant to like not dislike
                              All is forgiven

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lockesley www.punishertacticalairsoftuk.blogspot.com Find out more about Lockesley
                              Working...
                              X