Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Sword Upgrading Help?

Hi guys,

I recently purchased a Real Sword Type 97B (the short version), and I was wondering if there was anyone that could give me some advise with it? Firstly, what would you guys advise for a high ROF motor? (for trigger response etc), and what would be a good MosFet to use, that allows burst fire and LiPo protection? Also, what would you recommend for a new hop-up rubber? Basically, what i'm aiming for with this gun, is lock it to bursts and semi-auto, and make it a nice all-rounder, so are there any other parts that people would advise?

To summarize:

1) What Fast Motor?

2) What Burst MosFet?

3) What Hop Rubber?

Many Thanks,

Toby
    sigpic

The Proud Owner Of A New G&P US Navy MK23 LMG (Stoner 63)!

Re: Real Sword Upgrading Help?

What battery are you using ? They can take a 7.4 1300 in the handgrip if you remove that lip inside the handgrip at the top of it . Also will take an 11.1 850 in there as well . To get a MOSFET in is a pain but can be done . My friend uses a plug an play burst wizard in his but it is a pain to fit it in . Just reverse the battery in the handgrip so the wires face upwards and the MOSFET just fits in if you wedge it to the side of the barrel . You will have to take of the top receiver to fit it this way though . Make sure the fire selector is in auto as it is easier to remove and replace due to the fire selector bar linkage being in the sweet spot for removal and replacement . Be carefully as it is easy to foul this with the wiring . The 11.1 increases the fire rate a lot on these guns . Also the sweet spot for fps seems to be at about 300 ish .. Some earlier versions had a heavier spring in them that reduced the rate of fire to give higher fps . The other option is to fit an external peq box in front of the carry handle which lets you use the bigger lipos in these guns . They can effortlessly run a 20 c 11.1 lipo this way and the rate of fire is v good with the higher ampage battery's

Comment

I.have fitted a mad bull tightbore to my 97 with a guarder hop rubber accuracy is epic as is the range and grouping. The fps variation is about 3 to 5fps max on my gun so the shots are v consistent . Took a week for the hop to settle down after fitting though.

Comment

Thanks very much Baddbaz, is that the guarder clear your using? I've now filed out that tab, and i'm using 7.4 lipos in the grip. I was amazed at the FPS consistency on my stock 97, it was averaging 2.8fps variation!
        sigpic

The Proud Owner Of A New G&P US Navy MK23 LMG (Stoner 63)!

Comment

Yep guarder clear . And if you hunt about there are 11.1 lipos that will fit in the grip as well . Don't worry about upgrading the internals because they are solid enough to cope with that effortlessly

Comment

Am also at the moment trying to source a ris rail to fit onto the front of the gun without drilling into it , have got the picatiny rail on my 2 so have scopes mounted on them but the gun has no ris rail options so I shall be rattling the cage and endless stock options in my 2 local suppliers to see what we can come up with .. Will keep you guys informed

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TobyRoberts My name is spelt T-O-B-Y.... That's all your getting.. Find out more about TobyRoberts
            Working...
            X