Re: Heated Insoles - Anybody Used Them?

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
    Battery powered BAMF
    ??? i thought he was beer powered

hoarder of ksc glocks currently 11+ parts and counting

Comment

Originally posted by meddy View Post
      ??? i thought he was beer powered
      Beer? I though it was the tears of under 18s, oh well...
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
        Beer? I though it was the tears of under 18s, oh well...
        they stopped using tears of 18 year olds after someone ratted to PETA ... it's now animal cruelty to harvest tears of greasy teenagers.

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Comment

Originally posted by dfrear View Post
          Sounds like an ideal project - pair of these, cut up into strips to match gas mag pouches on a with a small wire joining them between pouches. Ideal for keeping those gas mags warm in winter
          I did exactly that. It does work, kinda. For a few shots. But having them running for a whole day requires quite a big battery. Or, in my case, a lipo tucked in my vest. Which gave me the willies, and for the few shots it gave me, didn't feel worth the risk

Comment

I can't help but think the wire running up the inside of my boot would annoy the hell out of me!

A good pair of socks and Gore-tex boots will do the job nicely - if you do not have Gore-tex boots, get some Gore-tex socks. Batteries never run out on either.

When i was in Canada i trialed clothing products for a company called Arctic Shield. All the products reflected somwhere in the region of 97% of your body heat back into you, keeping you toasty. I sat with my foot in a bucket of dry ice at -80 degrees C until i was bored of sitting there! The overboots were great for putting on when static - sniper hide / night time sentry duties that sort of thing but they couldn't be worn when moving as they were not durable enough for that.

Not cheap, but frigging awesome stuff - so many products now too, all in various real tree prints of plain drab... i had to give it all back though... gutted!

Comment

Op, don't enlist in the army or join the cadets.
              I've never used then, nor will I ever use them.
              Just man the **** up!
              Originally posted by Tiercel
              The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

crasstoe Chris, 23, White, Male, 5'7 Find out more about crasstoe
              Working...
              X