Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outter barrel thread sizes

Hiya ,
    I've been looking around at thread sizes to fit silencers and all silencers are mostly 14mm cw or ccw or even both ..
    From buying a G&P M4 Tank and then also buying a Stubby 14mm CW & CCW silencer to fit on as knowing that all of the threads ..
    seem the same ...
    I try fit it on the gun and it seems the barrel thread is too big but a tiny bit ,,
    I attempt to place it on my JG G36C Custom .. and rolls on it perfectly.
    Anyone know the thread size for the G&P TANK ????
    I'd appreciate any one that can tell me what adapter I need ..
    Thanks

Re: Outter barrel thread sizes

I had the same issue a few weeks ago with a CW Flash hider I bought and thought it was me going nuts LOL
    The pitch of the Threads on the Barrel were too coarse and started to damage the FHider :-(

Comment

I imagine that it's just the paint on them as they are new.
      If it's only slightly out and a bit stiff I just twist it on after making 100% certain it is just new paint and not that it's cross threaded.
      If you think about it they are measured in mm's so before you KNOW it's the wrong thread size it has to be over 1mm out which is pretty noticeable just by looks.

but there is an issue with metric and imperial thread sizes, I know I've had trouble getting bolts to fit my old motorbike because it's vintage and uses imperial measurements.

------Mods ----------------------------- Members

Comment

Yea , well on the m4 tank I take off the flash hider and then unscrew the thread cover which is also used for adapting silencer or flash hiders
        with an outwards thread ... So I can unscrew that off easily .. meaning the threads fine fitting for the component it also came with on the gun .
        But I have gave it a hard force to try get it on .... it only scratches some paint off so I'm to sure what to do :S

Comment

Johnno ,
          How did you solve the problem ?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SM0KEY Find out more about SM0KEY
          Working...
          X